Sign in to follow this  
Danthrax

Decimator preview article is up

Oh wow, that's a new one for me. Nice.

So baring the new triliogy we still have a fairly healthy pool of ships to use. I guess the real hard part is making them different enough rules-wise.

Insert crazy idea that a cloakshape fighter is coming out next because of the card art.

what is that little ship on the intimidation card?

As noted by Slugrage, it's actually a Scyk fighter. 

The Moff is just executing all the crew, what gives?!

He's not executing them at all. He's blaming his own incompetence on his subordinates, with Vader taking his typically... uh, direct... approach to dealing with failure.

And yeah, with this double update day, it's almost certain we're going to see these at GenCon. I don't think I'm going to buy them, though ... I gotta save something to buy from my FLGSes.

Really? With aces not even out yet and Wave 4 less than two months old? Edited by AlexW

And yeah, with this double update day, it's almost certain we're going to see these at GenCon. I don't think I'm going to buy them, though ... I gotta save something to buy from my FLGSes.

Really, with rebel aces not even out yet and Wave 4 less than two months old?

They dumped two previews on us in one day. I wasn't expecting Wave 5 to be there, either, but I'm in the middle of revising that guess.

I'm a little confused on the wording. Ruthlessness can effect your own ships, right?

Seems like, yeah.  Don't fire from the ship carrying it, if you have friendlies nearby the enemy, apparently...

Man a Ruthlessness Black Squad would be a lot of fun... too bad I'd have to buy a small armada... 

Looks like you get two copies per decimator, so not really.

Yeah, two Decimators would have enough 'Ruthlessness' for four BSPs...that's a lot of no-rolling-guaranteed-damage... :blink:

Ruthlessness is going to be hilarious on Rexlar next to a Fleet Officer.

Unfortunately, Rexlar specifies "the defender"(i.e. the ship he declared his target) and "those cards", so that combo, same as assault missiles, is a no-go. Was a cool idea until I went and checked his card

One thing they did not mention was that Counter-Measures would also be a solid upgrade on these ships. Give them a 1-point agility boost to help them survive the first round of shooting, and slowing the bleeding until Ysanna or the PS6 pilots powers kick in.

Ruthlessness is the Imperial's mini-assault missile except you choose which ship it effects. However, if one of your other ships is the only one within range 1 of the defending ship, well then you didn't plan it very well... Ruthless indeed.

Edited by Deltmi

Ruthlessness is going to be hilarious on Rexlar next to a Fleet Officer.

Unfortunately, Rexlar specifies "the defender"(i.e. the ship he declared his target) and "those cards", so that combo, same as assault missiles, is a no-go. Was a cool idea until I went and checked his card

Well, nuts.

Still love the card, though.

Insert crazy idea that a cloakshape fighter is coming out next because of the card art.

what is that little ship on the intimidation card?

As noted by Slugrage, it's actually a Scyk fighter. 

The Moff is just executing all the crew, what gives?!

He's not executing them at all. He's blaming his own incompetence on his subordinates, with Vader taking his typically... uh, direct... approach to dealing with failure.

I figured he was just stuffing them in the holes in the hull to plug the leaks

Really, with rebel aces not even out yet and Wave 4 less than two months old?
They dumped two previews on us in one day. I wasn't expecting Wave 5 to be there, either, but I'm in the middle of revising that guess.

Ditto. If they don't, this is going to be a pretty bad PR move. Which is possible I guess, but I now consider it somewhat possible Wave 5 will be there.

Possibly limited run of Wave 5 for sale? Who knows. Maybe. But it'd surprise me as it's still listed as "At the Printer" but they could easily get a few cases shipped over for some sales hype.

But yeah, I oddly agree with WonderWAAAGH (which in and of itself scares me) that they may just be clearing the field of "known" releases to really drop something big on us.