Sign in to follow this  
Jekzer

Trouble in Tharbad spoilers at cgdb!

Text from the FAQ:

(1.41) Attacks against a character
An attack made against a character works the same as an attack made against a player with one exception: undefended damage from an attack against a character must be assigned to that character.

For example: Bilbo Baggins (OtD 1) has the most poison attached when Crazy Cob (OtD 29) is revealed from the encounter deck and its "When Revealed" effect triggers an attack against the character with the most poison attached. Even though the first player controls 3 other heroes, any undefended damage from this attack must be applied to Bilbo Baggins. Because Bilbo is already exhausted from committing to the quest, he cannot exhaust to defend himself and will be killed if the attack is undefended. Knowing this, the first player chooses to exhaust one of his ready characters, Bombur, to declare him as the defender for this attack. At this point, the attack resolves as normal and any damage from the attack is applied to Bombur.

Someone stated earlier they "hate attachments for only one character" and were bemoaning the fact that Warden of Arnor was "only" for Idraen - and yet, here comes the next hero - Haldir - and he's also a scout! I haven't seen anyone mention this, but he's also certainly a nice target for the Warden... :)

Edited by Dain Ironfoot

Someone stated earlier they "hate attachments for only one character" and were bemoaning the fact that Warden of Arnor was "only" for Idraen - and yet, here comes the second hero - Haldir - and he's also a scout! I haven't seen anyone mention this, but he's also certainly a nice target for the Warden... :)

And Wingfoot!

Haldir is just a great hero all round. More options for the Ranger decks, coupled with the synergies with Silvan is really cool. In some ways the big difference between the dwarves is they only have synergies with each other (at least directly, on traits), while the heroes like Haldir can offer multiple options. Wingfoot and Warden of Arnor together is cool! Balin is comparable for the dwarves, I guess, but mostly through his ability.

I know, Faramir is dead to me.

Haldir with Warden of Arnor and Asfaloth could give you the same location control as Glorfindel w/ Asfaloth, but with the added bonus that you don't have to use Glorfindel for the ten thousanth time.

Someone stated earlier they "hate attachments for only one character" and were bemoaning the fact that Warden of Arnor was "only" for Idraen - and yet, here comes the next hero - Haldir - and he's also a scout! I haven't seen anyone mention this, but he's also certainly a nice target for the Warden... :)

Well, it was obvious that more scout heroes are coming, otherwise it would be atrocious of them to release such an attachment. I also stated that.

I know, Faramir is dead to me.

Haldir with Warden of Arnor and Asfaloth could give you the same location control as Glorfindel w/ Asfaloth, but with the added bonus that you don't have to use Glorfindel for the ten thousanth time.

Emphasis added: Music to my ears. :D

I have a question for players owner 3 AP from the cycle Ring-maker (that is probably most players on this forum ;)  ) - is a cycle of ring-maker has also narrative background beginning in a cycle Against the Shadow?

Edited by 13thcaesar

https://www.facebook.com/thegreycompanypodcast/photos/a.245490928952068.1073741829.227274400773721/331311490370011/?type=1&theater

Wow....   that is just crazy nasty... lowering each players threat elimination level to 40....

and if you don't clear it before another four time counters are removed it would go to 30....... insanity!

However the difficulty level for the quest is 4... which is lower than Dunland Trap or Three Trials.

Seems like it would be quite hard to get stuck on stage 1 for that long which must be why the effect is so very nasty. At the same time however many encounter effects also remove time counters... in a four player game where you would start with four Spys from Mordor out if all four were engaged and made an attack then you would already have to lower all four players threat elimination level to 40... nasty.....

Also can someone PLEASE spoil the quest cards for trouble in tharbad when possible?  all the player and encounter cards have been spoiled for days.... can we get the quest cards?

Edited by PsychoRocka

oh also Haldir is gonna be awesome for this quest, slap a rivendell blade and dagger of westernesse/dunedain mark on him and he can take out Spys before they remove a time counter =) (he would actually be able to take out any enemy minus the marauders and Bellach this way)

What is more, we all know that Difficulty Level 4 doesn't mean anything in this game. Journey Along the Anduin is 4, Into Ithilien also 4 and so on.

What really surprises me is the fact that 3 out of 3 quests at the moment shine in originality and fun moments.

What is more, we all know that Difficulty Level 4 doesn't mean anything in this game. Journey Along the Anduin is 4, Into Ithilien also 4 and so on.

What really surprises me is the fact that 3 out of 3 quests at the moment shine in originality and fun moments.

Yes here you right but i like to see high number when we talk about difficulty. :)   And yes is true all those new quests a really unique which is extremely cool for me!

I proxied Haldir and have used him so far for 7 games 6 quests (6 victorys) and he is probably my new favorite hero :D

Always put my first Rivendell blade and Dagger/Mark on him first now and then others on Legolas.

Maybe We'll both change our Avatars and have to have a new DUEL!!!

Here's the quest cards for trouble in tharbad:

1a: set bellach and the crossing at tharbad aside, out of play. Search the encounter deck for 1 copy of Spy from Mordor per player, and add them to the staging area. Make The Empty Mug the active location. The first player takes control of Nalir, as an ally. Shuffle the encounter deck.

1b: Time 4. Forced: after the last time counter is removed from this quest, reduce each players threat elimination level by 10 for the remainder of the game. Then, place 4 time counters on this stage.

Forced: after 1 or more progress is placed on this quest, cancel all progress and reduce each players threat by an equal amount.

When all players have 0 threat, immediately proceed do stage 2.

2a: when revealed: add bellach and crossing at tharbad to the staging area. Then, shuffle the encounter discard pile into the encounter deck and discard cards from the encounter deck until X Orc enemies have been discarded, where x is the number of players in the game. Add all discarded Orc enemies to the staging area.

2b: Time 3. Forced: after the last time counter is removed from this quest, either raise each players threat by 3 or bellach makes an immediate attack against nalir. Then, place 3 time counters on this stage.

Progress that would be placed on this quest are instead placed on The Crossing at Tharbad.

Forced: after a character leaves play, raise its controllers threat by 2

Wow. That's some cool quest mechanics. Thematically describing an attempt of heroes to elude the pursuit and smuggle Nalir out of the town by turning quest progression into the threat reduction seems extremely cool.

P.S.: I've seen many people complaining that new quest do not tolerate secrecy. Well, I may be wrong, but now you got it: the quest perfect for secrecy. If you possess impressive questing power right off the bat, you could easily include secrecy cards even into non-secrecy deck and make your way into the secrecy by intense questing.

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo

I only played it once in a 3 player game, so take my comments with a grain of salt. It does seem

to be on the easier side because questing to lower threat ends up being a bonus for players. Haldir loves this quest in multiplayer because of low treat and I was able to snipe enemies in the staging area or engaged with another player. Still, I had fun playing it. The setting and theme feel new and fresh, but I'm curious to see how it plays solo.

Quest sounds cool and unique. I'm ok with the occasionally easier quest, particularly if it's one that explores innovative new gameplay mechanics. Thanks for the info. 

Btw, any idea when we can expect spoilers for the next adventure pack?

Edited by FetaCheese