Sign in to follow this  
Boris_the_Dwarf

An FYI for FFG

In case you didn't know, there's a disparity of wealth in America. Most of us are destitute, and plans are in the works to put as many as 40 million people in America on minimum wage within the next year by raising minimum wage to match their current income level. At least as many people will lose their jobs in the process.

Can you please stop making your games so **** expensive? Thanks.

I'm not sure the OP is "whining" here exactly. I think it's a shame that income (or lack of) is a barrier to so many things. That someone can only access a small part of a larger hobby because of how much they earn is a shame - so I see where Boris the Dwarf is coming from. At the risk of sounding a tad contentious, if people are out there hand-painting X-Wings and TIE Fighters before they go in the box, I wonder how much they're being paid.

People will find the money to buy the things they care about. But it pays to be selective in what you purchase. I love LCGs, but I know I can't afford to keep up with them all, let alone find room for them (interesting that FFG is its own strongest competitor in that regard), so I just pick one or two that I like and focus on them.

I'm left to wonder, again, why you're even here, OP.

Also, these complaints always amuse me seeing as they're done on the Internet which requires a computer and an Internet connection, which also cost, you know, money. Unless, of course, you're at your local library using a public computer...to complain on a forum for a luxury item about how you don't have enough money?

(@any2cards: At least you get wifi out there! :))

If the lack of shared wealth in this country is an issue for you, perhaps you ought to start somewhere other than FFG. ;)

Edited by ObiWonka

I'm left to wonder, again, why you're even here, OP.

Also, these complaints always amuse me seeing as they're done on the Internet which requires a computer and an Internet connection, which also cost, you know, money. Unless, of course, you're at your local library using a public computer...to complain on a forum for a luxury item about how you don't have enough money?

(@any2cards: At least you get wifi out there! :))

If the lack of shared wealth in this country is an issue for you, perhaps you ought to start somewhere other than FFG. ;)

It offers us realistic folk some amusement... 

:D

A 'lil som-som'tin ex-tra, ya know. I mean none of us full time Wingers ever watch jerry springer, but once in a while we get the option to to read these charming topics.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah its a shame that a luxury hobby item costs money... FFG should just give it away for free.

Now ... now ...

Next you are going to suggest that we should elect a form of government that asks us to share the wealth and all ... errr ... never mind.

Hell, I dropped $60 taking my son to Guardians of the Galaxy: two tickets, two popcorns, two pops, and a little bag of Snickers bites. $60! This game won't cost much more than $70 in the online shops, and we'll get to enjoy it over and over again.

Still, I'm not kidding myself:

x0HssOq.gif

Edited by I. J. Thompson

Expense is part of the hobby. It's somewhat unavoidable. You have to pay to play. It's as simple as that. You can save your money and stand on the sidelines, but how much fun is that? In over 35 years of gaming, I've spent more than $20K on more game systems than I can remember, not to mention the hours invested in painting and modelling some miniatures. 

For FFG to present us with painted, ready to game miniatures at the price point they have, they have achieved a small miracle. As I J Thompson said above, $60 for himself and his grandson to watch a two hour movie kind of makes a $100 game seem not too bad considering. And it's going to last more than two hours.

Edited by Parravon

Yeah its a shame that a luxury hobby item costs money... FFG should just give it away for free.

Lets not be ridiculous. Of course the game shouldn't be free. That said, pricing people on limited budgets out of the market is pretty stupid too.

As to the idiotic Internet costs money statement, the Internet is not a luxury in the 21st century.

I do enjoy how easily people get offended when it's pointed out that something they plan to throw away hundreds of dollars in disposable income on is too expensive for gamers who have no such disposable income.

It's unlikely I will buy into this game but not because I can't swing the cost. It will be because no one else in my local gaming community is likely to do so. Can't play a game with no participants.

Edited by Boris_the_Dwarf

Well, I am basically unemployed. I make around $4-5000 a year doing odd jobs for my roommate and his business, and so far this doesn't look at all overcosted. Certainly high enough to make one think, but equivalent to similar products from other companies and FFG always gives really good value for the money.

For those of us on limited incomes, this is an expensive hobby, but we are usually pretty adept at squirreling away a few bucks to support our habit. Hmmm... sounds like we're akin to drug addicts... 

Yes, it's going to be financially tough to get into a new game system, but I'm sure I'll manage. It just means I won't be buying more than one core set or multiple packs of expansions when they come out. I'll get there eventually, just not all at once.

Edited by Parravon