Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ashram

A lot of complaining.

Jeez... I know the squeaky axle gets the grease, but come ON. People complaining about the scale, people complaining about points costs, people complaining about a million things that we really know nothing about yet... Seriously?

I am baffled by how some folks are already so negative about such a fantastically cool looking, and long awaited, game. Come on, you guys.

Jeez... I know the squeaky axle gets the grease, but come ON. People complaining about the scale, people complaining about points costs, people complaining about a million things that we really know nothing about yet... Seriously?

I am baffled by how some folks are already so negative about such a fantastically cool looking, and long awaited, game. Come on, you guys.

people complaining about people complaining.

thats a lot of complaining around!

Edited by skolo

I attribute it to the fact that people are never pleased by anything that doesn't fit their vision.  Chris Hardwick has a great quote about this that goes something to the likes of "If you do not like it, then you should get out there and make something that fits your vision and pleases you."

Also, people LOVE to complain.  About everything.

Look this is how it works; most of us are gonna end up buying this stuff and give FF all our money, least thing they can do is let us complain and whine a bit on the forums.  Except for the xcom mandatory app- that stuff just needs to change!

Edited by Robin Graves

Look this is how it works; most of us are gonna end up buying this stuff and give FF all our money, least thing they can do is let us complain and whine a bit on the forums.  Except for the xcom mandatory app- that stuff just needs to change!

I agree with Robin. Everyone is entitled to post what they please on these forums because we all are invested in the games Fantasy Flight keeps pumping out. It is difficult to complain about something we don't really know much about, though people certainly will find a way to do it. That being said, we just need to ignore the complaints and look for the positive because there looks to be SO MUCH positive with this game!!! X-Wing is cool and all but if I had the option to lead a squadron of fighters or the whole **** fleet, I would jump right up to the challenge and start planning my fleet's attacks. I cannot wait for this game and will be watching out for all the news like a hawk in order to be prepared for its launch in early 2015.

Seeing as how early it is in the game's development, now is about the only time it really makes sense TO complain, as now is the only place in the game's development that FFG could still make any changes.

Complaining after the thing is released is just, in comparison, rather silly - nothing to be done about it, then.

Here, at the moment, we've still got a chance if there are some obvious things about it that we'd like to see improved.

Actually, at this moment, it is too late. If they are looking at a Q1 release, then the game is done. 7 months at most before they plan on releasing it means they are way too far ahead in the process to stop it and "fix" things now. They are generally working a year ahead. It has been said 12-18 months for miniatures to go from development to store.  I don't think they had solid release announcements for the LCG or X-wing when they demoed them initially. Besides, a card game has a lot less factory work to plan than miniatures, especially with this miniature game.

The game is done.

Seeing as how nearly everything shown in the preview says it is "still waiting licensor approval"...no, it's obviously not completely-locked-in-stone.  Indeed, Disney COULD throw the whole entire thing out, tomorrow.  (I doubt they will, but the argument that "it's done" and that no more changes are possible is plainly specious.)

not to mention, they said q1, which is probable true, but they also said 2015, when we all know they meant 2016. Its under development, and not at the printers according to the catalog thing