Sign in to follow this  
Boremac

Where are the CoC LCG training videos?

I found the Game of Thrones training/introduction video on youtube and that was more than ample to scare me away from that game :). Are there any homemade or professional versions for the CoC LCG yet?

Not yet, but as mentioned in this thread

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=35&efcid=4&efidt=105724&efpag=1

something is coming for Call of Cthulhu LCG,

"Hey everyone,

Keith here from the FFG media department. We are in fact working on a real CoC LCG demo video at this very moment. (In the same style as the AGoT video we created back in Feb.) Unfortunately we don't have the budget for actors in black cowls and poorly lit studios like in the old video, so we'll have to rely on good ol' fashioned motion graphics for this new one.

Still working on the script this week, so we'll likely start production 1st thing next Monday. Stay tuned!

-K"

But there's always the original video for the earlier CCG, as posted by a 'countmarius75', who I suspect of being around here somewhere with a cunningly disguised username...

Boremac said:

I found the Game of Thrones training/introduction video on youtube and that was more than ample to scare me away from that game :). Are there any homemade or professional versions for the CoC LCG yet?

They should be up later today and are awazing, the video guys just keeping better and better.

This is huge !!

The videos are awesome and I love what was done. Except that it takes a lot of time to load on the PC.

Any solutions to have the  whole presentation go faster ?

Very nice quality videos (although I'm not too sure about the 'Choo Choo', that's most certainly not how I'd have pronounced Tcho Tcho! Or is the implication that train spotters are actually cultists...preocupado.gif).

I'm not sure if the slowness of the video is a bandwidth issue at FFG, but it's due on YouTube soon so you may find it's a quicker download from there. I used Real Player to copy the various sections onto my laptop, I can't get the neat front page/presentation screen but at least I can the videos to show to folks when I'm running a 'learn how to play' session happy.gif