Sign in to follow this  
Brownmantle

Wicked

I heartily agree! I love the starfighter combat of X-Wing….but there are a LOT more big ships for Star Wars, and it’s a lot easier to do them AND fighters in the scale here with Star Wars: Armada, I sincerely hope that this game becomes a big player at tournaments and receives a lot of support like X-Wing did. 

This is the game I want. However, at $100 just for the starter I can't even begin to justify this game. How many more ships will I have to buy? And how much do expansions run?

For me it is just economics and it won't work. The game looks tremendous though, and I can't wait to see where it goes.

$100 for a starter is what, a dinner for two at a middling restaurant? 

Do NOT say that!

Please give the opportunity cost in terms of something the significant other does not want to see more of.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

$100 for a starter is what, a dinner for two at a middling restaurant?

Middling? Borderline high end. I've eaten at a $50 a plate restaurant once, and that was an accident.

Even so, $100 starter is noticeable, but not hugely prohibitive. Many board games come in at around that anymore.

Pay for it as if you are paying forward to a future of awesome products and ideas.  Make the money roll in and ye shall be rewarded.  Of course if you were to seek employment there, you may get your future in Star Wars, says the shuffle of feet that would love to create Star wars products.

Plus the starter looks cheap once you start talking expansions in multiple and another starter and a mat and a case and tournaments and promos and acrylic tokens and the divorce settlement.

Verry funny!

Edited by Brownmantle