Sign in to follow this  
B3NDR

Adversary Cards from Edge of the Empire Core Book

Edit 1: Document now contains an adversary card for all 128 adversaries from the Core Book, Beyond the Rim, and Jewel of Yavin source books.

Edit 2: Enter the Unknown adversaries added.

Edit 3: Suns of Fortune adversaries added.

Edit 4: Game Master's Kit adversaries added.

Edit 5: Revision 1.001 2014-08-18: No changes in actual content but reverse fonts changed bold so they'll hopefully be more legible when printed.

I spent some time typing and formatting the information for the 60+ adversaries listed in the Edge of the Empire Core Book.  I thought it would be useful to have little cards to support my failing memory. Here is the result adversaries.pdf from Google drive.

The format is A4 paper with 4 cards on one sheet.  Cards are slightly smaller than

A6 paper. The actual card size if about 95 mm x 137 mm give or take a few millimeters.

If anyone spots any typos or other silly errors I'd be grateful if you let me know.

Any suggestions are also welcome.  I don't see myself incorporating the data from

the other books anytime soon though: typing all the data in was a miserable job.

On the other hand if someone volunteers....

Cheers,

//B3NDR

Edited by B3NDR

Quick opportunistic question before I start printing and laminating those...are you planning on adding the enemies from Age of Rebellion as well? :D

I am not planning on getting the AoR books myself at this point. So probably not expanding the adversaries from them at the near future anyways.

Not that it matters too much. The way the pages are generated results all the adversaries from one book clumped together.

When you look at the document as it is now, all the adversaries from Beyond the Rim come first, followed by the adversaries from the core book and so forth.  So even if/when something gets added you don't need to print the whole thing again.

I am working on Suns of Fortune at the moment so probably worth your while to hold your horses for a few days.

//B3NDR

Great work, B3nder!

Is there any chance that you release a editable (in photoshop, perhaps) edition? I intend to re-scale them to 63x88mm (so it could fit into my magic-sleeves) and to have those templates in blank to create/add some npcs.

Nevertheless, I thank you for this material!

Is there any chance that you release a editable (in photoshop, perhaps) edition? I intend to re-scale them to 63x88mm (so it could fit into my magic-sleeves) and to have those templates in blank to create/add some npcs.

I see no realistic way to change the format since the layout is not done manually.  I have created a .txt-file for each adversary. Something on these lines (e-crb-gamorrean-thug.txt):

Reference: E-CRB 413
Name: Gamorrean Thug
Class: Rival
Brawn: 4
Agility: 2
Intellect: 1
Cunning: 1
Willpower: 1
Presence: 1
Soak: 5
Wounds: 14
Strain: -
Defense (Melee): 0
Defense (Ranged): 0
Skill: Brawl 3
Skill: Melee 3
Talent: Knockdown
Ability: -
Equipment: Crude Gamorrean Vibro-ax | Melee | Damage +3 | Critical 4 | Range[E] | Pierce 2 | Vicious 3

From these files the reference cards are generated automatically.  It is easy and relatively fast to add new adversaries as I only need to create a suitable .txt-file.  All this is done without Adobe involment (I don't have access to any Adobe software).

Changing the format would require doing it all over from scratch I am thinking.

Also, after making the first test print yesterday, I don't think they can be scaled much smaller or otherwise they'll be near impossible to read without a magnifying glass. Might be my old eyes though.

//B3NDR