Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nainphy

Cursed sphere

5 posts in this topic

Cursed sphere (new forsaken lore artifact) gives you +2 on all skills. That means you have an imaginary +2 improved tokens on all skills??? So if i already have +2 fight skill from improvement tokens, i can't get the bonus of the cursed sphere for the fight skill because the maximum is +2. Am i right?

I don't know this really because it doesn't say you are getting all these +2 as improvement tokens. You are not improving these skills twice, you are simply getting a bonus. That's why i'm confused.

Cursed sphere (new forsaken lore artifact) gives you +2 on all skills. That means you have an imaginary +2 improved tokens on all skills??? So if i already have +2 fight skill from improvement tokens, i can't get the bonus of the cursed sphere for the fight skill because the maximum is +2. Am i right?

In my opinion, under my interpretation of the rules I do not believe you are right.

I don't know this really because it doesn't say you are getting all these +2 as improvement tokens. You are not improving these skills twice, you are simply getting a bonus. That's why i'm confused.

I agree with your assessment here that it is a bonus and not further "improvement".

klaymen_sk and Julia like this

The wording on the card is rather sound. It states

gain +2 to all skills

keyword here is "gain". If you look at the Holy Water, for instance, it reads "gain +5 Will". It's not an improvement, it's a bonus. Same for Cursed Sphere. It's powerful, yes. But it also curses you, so that actually it's quite a scary one to use for a long time.

klaymen_sk likes this

Yeah, Julia's right ... the sphere simply gives a +2 bonus across all your skills,

but if you where in a combat encounter with a +3 Auto, that would override

the +2 bonus from the sphere ... Walts