Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stonedog

Huge ship transportation?

7 posts in this topic

The Transport fits in my Plano tray, and I found a shoebox at Wal-Mart that the Corvette fits in perfectly. A bit of foam to support the fore section and its snug as a bug.

Plus, my wife got a pair of shoes and I got some brownie points.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Protector-Four-Pistol-Case/dp/B000P3WPKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407290517&sr=8-1&keywords=plano+4+pistol

This case has a middle layer of pluck foam and egg shell foam on top and bottom.  I shaped the pluck foam as needed to fit a Tantive and 2 Transports, and cut out portions of the egg shell foam so that the Tantive IV's engines and guns and the Transports didn't get compressed too much.  It works well, not bad for $12.

Here's a pic:  https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10492010_10201522432863160_6511345331622422101_n.jpg

I had to put the damage decks. tokens, pilot cards, dials and large pegs elsewhere (I have a couple other cases to hold Waves 1-4), but the huge ship specific upgrade cards fit nicely between the transports and the bases.  I laid the templates on the foam itself, and put the tiles and books between the upper eggshell foam and the plastic of the case.

Edited by Pygon
gentgeen likes this

I used a Battlefoam 3.5" layer of 15" x 12.5" pluck foam in a standard size banker's file box. Fits great. Loads of room for Tantive, Transport and all the bits. And enough of a top layer in the box for when/if any Imperial huge ships come - granted, I'll need another pluck tray for it, but that's easy and cost effective considering the amount I've spent on the ships so far.

My short term transport is the box it came in.  You can squeeze the GR-75 in above the CR-90 where all the rules and cardboard was initially stored.  This works fine for me since it doesn't get carried around on a regular basis.  In the long term, I'll be making foam trays for them when my Battlefoam case finally arrives.