Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Naszerinted

Looking for GM and Players preferably in the GMT zone.

187 posts in this topic

Have you ever heard what the Hungarians were called in the WWII and Cold War Era?

ALIENS. We couldnt speak any language beside ours well.

We have a language which is hard to learn and whoever is a native speaker has to practice a LOT I mean a whole lot not have any accent of other languages.

Try learning Polish and then tell me again how hard is your language :P.

Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát.

*waves hand* "Puracy, you are the GM we are looking for"

Seriusly i think it would be great if you could be the GM for us.

As for your list of pros and cons i see mostly pros there, and in the group there are people that can give you a hand at imprving your GM skills.

As for me:

i have a hard copy of Edge and all other edge supplemnts, except Far Horizon, in digital form. I will buy FaD beta book as soon as it is available. I'm willing to buy the AoR rulebook if it is needed.

i speak good english.

Well, if the rest is ok with me GMing, we could get started with organizing everything. I so far only ever used teamspeak, and in that i can link images to give an idea of the area. With this system i like that better, than placing guys on a map. With the hangout app for the dice, we should have enough to get started.

I do think the best way to start is to go for a facebook group, and start talking about what people are looking to get from the games and how to play. I´m kinda toying with the idea of players not knowing the other characters builds. Just start playing and find out ingame. Since we have 2 people who already know each other, i wouldn´t be bad if those two characters would know each other. As GM i will know all the chars in advance, so any mayor lack of skills could be corrected before play. (altough it also has it charme if not a single guy would be able to decently use a computer or even worse, fly a ship )

It´s just some ideas, and so comment away on this.

If i´m counting correctly we now have:

Players:
Lareg
Naszetinted
Naglareph
Draconix
RebelDave ? (Haven´t seen him post here for a while, but i presume he is still in)
NicoDavout ? (is posting here, but never said if he wants to join or is just giving advice)

So depending on some persons there might be a spot ( because i will not go beyond 6 no matter what)

Well, remember Naszerinted and me have a friend who will play too, but not on this forum. But I will give you our teamspeak server ip in private. (And soon to the other players too.) I will sort the players out right now, but i write this now quickly, cuz puracy is online just now.

NicoDavout ? (is posting here, but never said if he wants to join or is just giving advice)

Thank you for consideration, but I was just giving my unwanted advice. Good luck with the game!

Edited by NicoDavout

Players right now are: 

Naszerinted

Sleepyhun (the guy who is not on the forum)

Naglareph

Lareg

Draconix

candidates:

BlindJester
DreadStar

People who said he/she would be GM by any means:

​Puracy

I think rebeldave will not play with us, couse he had time problems, and did not post for long time.

TLDR: We have 1 player slot left, but I'd offer it to BlindJester first, cause he was the first from you two.

(if i missed anything, please correct me)

that list sounds ok, Draconix.

I think that teamspeak and google hangout can work well together,  i also think that roll20 is worth trying as it give a virtual table with map and allows webcam use so we can  look at each other. ( i hear that the voice talk on hangouts is unreliable though)

i dislike the idea of  players not knowing the other character builds, because it makes it difficult to create a balanced party, we risk having all combat or all talking group. Also, in the new FaD beta all the classes are force sensitve but they still cover all the archetypes : warrior/healer/politico/spy/mechanic/explorer etc... so i think we have to talk about what we want to roll to create a good group, having the characters get to know each other icly is a different thing.

We also need to decide the setting, working on the fringe for the criminals as in Edge of working for the rebellion in AoR, or mixed group?

It's he, so that is now no longer a secret ;)

I made a little bit of a list, if we all fill it in, i think we will have most questions covered to get started

SW campaign

Setting: edge / age / mix of the two ?

(All characterbuilds can by used, either with duty or obligation (or both) as long as it makes sense)

What type of character would you like to play?

You can say the role you want to forfill, or simply the class with the specialization

Wat kind of game do you prefer:

Heavy Combat / heavy roleplay / balanced

Party make up?

All the bases covered / some things have to be dealt with creatively /total randomness.

Like i already mentioned, i will not a party start that would be useless in most cases, that would be dealt with before playing. There is difference between having to be creative and having to spend all the xp from the first sesions to make the group workable. I do however believe that the perfect party does not exist.

Knowledge about the others?

All unknown /only build known / full knowledge?

( With obligations, only the amounts are known, but not what they are. That gives more rp options without making things feel mechanical).

What time?

early rebelion /pre the battle of yavin/ post yavin

Any other preferences /dislikes i should know?

That should do for now.

DreadStar:

Since you are newbie, I gladly offer my place to you. It's so good when you can help a bit to spread the fun of this game system can offer.

As I wrote I'm happy to be a GM's little helper, or a silent observer too, and I already have my share of fun in my two real life sessions. :).

Edited by BlindJester
DreadStar likes this

I'm gonna answer the questions in order.

I hink the mixed setting sounds fine, say if someone wants to play an exStormtrooper then the commando tree would be the most fitting. On top of that having duty makes easier(however longer) to aquire a new/other ship.

I have two main ideas in mind: one is based on Delta 62 Schorch from Republic Commando(great game, if you missed you should try it) explosives expert clone commando. The other one would be a smuggler.

Well I do prefer roleplay but the at least three from us have more or less roleplay issues(one with a very good explanation for the officials)

On the side of party makeup as long as we dont have the 1 armor marauders in the team we should be fine. If you don't min-max your combat stats everyone can contribut to some degree and slowly but surely we will handle anything and we are playing what we want. I'd hate to run a politico because the party does not have one.

That knowledge thing is a bit tricky since I made a char to Draconix because he struggles with it.

I'm not that informed about the EU but after BoY thre were no Rebels I assume so stick to the bre BoY for some of the ships: Tie/D, A-Wing, B-Wing.

There is none that pops in my head if you say we found a Clone starfighter I would be the first to say the dibs on that.

Edit:

We should use the destiny deck. It can be a good reward for good roleplay and can make the encounter quite different.

Edited by Naszerinted

i dislike the idea of  players not knowing the other character builds, because it makes it difficult to create a balanced party, we risk having all combat or all talking group. 

Imho this is not a problem. The group balance/unbalance depends on the story and the events. Btw, I think all characters can shoot easily in short range, if they have at least two agility. You can help with each other (suppressive fire to give a blue dice to the next person jfi), you can use attachments, hire bodyguards, etc.. An all combat group can be intimidating enough to reach their goals, offer money, hire a diplomat/scoundrel, etc.. So as I see a homogeneus party can give a wide space for creativity in roleplay. :)

The only thing which matters (still it's only my opinion), the personality and the motives of the characters.

BlindJester thank you very much, i don't have a RL group to play with RPGs, if i had, i would decline your offer, but i would really like to play, so again ,thank you very much man! Or we could take turns.

Edge, but i don't mind mixing it up, i only have the EotE rulebook, so i would prefer to be able to stick to one of those characters atleast myself, so edge / mix of the two for me.

Combat

Balanced

Party make up?
I have not experience with the system, so i can't really put down a choice.

I like it better to know character professions, specializations, what they are good at, etc by in game interactions. But up to you guys.

What time?
Up to all of you, i don't really mind.

A little specification about the timeline.

We have option 1: that is between episode 3 and 4. This is the time that the empire is starting to show who they really are and starting enforcing their power. The rebelion is still is it's infancy. This would mean that the party would be formung their own cell and finding other starting rebel groups

Option 2: right before the destruction of alderaan. The empire is at full strenght, the rebelion has formed but without any real large victories more of a nuisance, that a big problem.

Option 3: After the destruction of the first deathstar. The empire is in full hunt-them-down mode, that has an effect on every one, not just rebels. This is also the time some of iconic ships like the tie-interceptor and the b-wing are starting to be used.

Nice of you to give your place to someone else, blindjester. I really like the idea of a backup help and someone who can do some npcs at times. I do have some fun ones still around.

Speaking of fun: i forgot one thing in the questions.

How serious do you like it?

Heavy and gritty or light with fun characters and names sometimes. (Without giving any ideas away, thinkthings like jar jar blinks clumsy npcs or some known character reskinned in a star wars way.

I know i'm asking a lot of questions, but i like all of us to have the same expectations from the game, so we don't have big dissapointments during the games.

Edited by Puracy

I can't decide both the first and the third option sounds nice I'd like to point that out that the X-Wing and the Tie/In both see the daylight in 1 BBY.

I think the tone of the adventure should really depend on the task at the moment. When "important" lives at stake like PC's family member or a high value NPC the it should be serious. But when we ar just chilling out doing some pirate(private) hunting for a living it shouldn't be that serious untill a nemesis.

I also don't mind if we mix the Edge and AoR, but Lareg wanted to play a force user, and the Edge don't have too much options for that.

Combat, but I have a coercion skills.

Balanced

Party make up?
I also want the party for being made with the knowing what others will play.

Good to know what others are good in, but we have 6 players, so we have some freedom on the character creation. You don't have to spend every point of xp for the good of the team. We don't have to be perfect team, we are not robots. And the difficulty depends on the GM.

What time?
Any time period is good for me.

Edited by Draconix

I'd prefer Age. I believe that a lot of the edge adventures can be interpreted in a way to help the rebellion if we go with Age setting.

Force sensitive Jedi - unsure yet if a techical or combat oriented character. it depends on the party.

balanced - tending abit  more towards roleplay would be nice

Party make up?
Most bases covered (we can multiclass to cover weaknesses), but i'm cool with having some creativeness. We definitely need a pilot though.

Full knowledge for the players / the charcters wil learn during the play
( With obligations, only the amounts are known, but not what they are. That gives more rp options without making things feel mechanical).

What time?
early rebelion /pre the battle of yavin/ post yavin
either immediately before Yavin or immediately after it. Yavin can be the wake up call to join the rebellion or start helping them

Any other preferences /dislikes i should know?

none that i can think of at the moment

Edited by Lareg

I'll also take my take ;)

I'm pretty much for a mix of both. I like exploring the fringe and everything and participate in battles in the galaxy.

I'm pretty much a survivalist oriented character. I tend to make a survivor out of everything :)

usually I take a bit of Force Sensitivity in the mix.

I'm much more axed on heavy roleplay. But, big fights don't have to impend on roleplay. :)

Only build known :)

What time?
Pre the battle of yavin for me. :)

It has the most potential out of everything IMO.

I will join Naglareph and Lareg and vote for pre-Battle of Yavin then. I like the idea. 

And about the how serious the game should be. I like serious to be honest, but with comic relief inbetween.

roleplay mixed with combat sounds very nice. it can give  the newbie rpers a way to start practicing.

Pre battle of yavin sounds good, but i don't see that battle as such a universe changing event.

The battle of yavin itself was not the big deal, combined with the destruction of alderaan however a lot more. The public revolt did grow lager because of that event, and because of that, the way the empire dealt with thing like that. They used pr to spin the story, but in places brute force worked better.

But pre-yavin it will be. It will be close to yavin time, so we can use tie fighters without any problems. (I am not going to make it harder on myself then needed). Since we do like to know the builds, we could do that in a session. That would make altering things for the sake of the party a lot quicker. After that, you can all make the obligations, motivations and background in person.