Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Naszerinted

Looking for GM and Players preferably in the GMT zone.

187 posts in this topic

I think we should use teamspeak. Easy to use, don't consume too much space in the hard drive, and half of the soon-to-be players have experience in it, so we can help anyone who need it.

Nope. I "used" maptools but not really we just used the dice plugin, which was awful.

We have a dice roller which works great, but you can't tell which dice rolled what.

Edited by Naszerinted

It Just tells the sum, and the list of the dices, but you don't know which dice rolled that. But in the means of rolling, it works perfectly. You just have to be honest about what you rolled.

About the FaD, I think I can wait until it's out (And that way Lareg can play a force user)

I've read somewhere that Roll20 is a great tool, but that you need to get all the plugins for SW by FFG and install them.

They are numerous thread on that subject, just got to find the right one that explains everything.

In that case i'm in favor of the combo NIco suggested. We can also rely on skype or teamspeak for the audio chat as backup, since i read that  hangouts may not be totally reliable in that field.

Looking on the forum i discovered there is already a dice roller app for Hangouts which make sthings quite simple. It looks very promising

If everybody agrees, we can use the time from now to when FaD beta is available to set up the hangout and roll20, test the entire system  and agree on everything else, like what kind of characters we want to do, what setting are we playing (Edge or AoR or both?), and stuff like that. We could even try to run the beginner adventure with the pregens if we want to test the system and get hte hang of it (i definitely need it as i only "studied" the sules but never applied them).

What do you think?

Edited by Lareg

The beginner game sounds nice we get to know each other and run into possible errors and we still have time to find a GM instead of me, since i'd relally like to play. 

i'll try posting a request fro a GM in the AoR section, or we can also ask on the Roll20 forum.

I posted the request in the AoR board.

Edited by Lareg

Ahw, saw this too late. Already set up a group through a (pc)gaming community I was a member of, else I would have been okay with GM'ing in GMT timezone.

We use Google Hangouts with the Roll20 app and Diceroll app. Works like a charm

Thanks for the feedback Crovax! If your party gets disbanded (but I hope not), you are welcome here. Or at least, from my part.

Hello people,

I'm interested to play online, but as far as I see you already have the numbers (I'm not in the mood to be a gm right now). So my question is, would it be a problem to let me sit on the TS and listen how things go? I would love to see and hear an online session at last. :)

I have no problems with observers. Maybe, if the rest of the team agrees, you could be a help to the gm. Playing some of the npcs etc. Rest of the team, what do you think?

I have no problems with observers. Maybe, if the rest of the team agrees, you could be a help to the gm. Playing some of the npcs etc. Rest of the team, what do you think?

I'll gladly help to the GM is she/he will want it. It always feels good to participate, but I'll be happy also as a silent observer. :)

The taking turns after some thinking only works if we taking a turn after 5-10 session(an adventureish chapter). In this place the GM can make the difficulty rise in a manner where the players can adapt. Moreover we won't have a session where we kill 30 guy and leave with a ship because. These big rewards can come after the last few sessions either as reward or means to complete the rest of the adventure.

On top of that the GM who runs the adventure will have time and room to improve. I know if you nail something you have to repeat it multiple times to acually learn it.

Well I'm all fired up. Thinking about characters an such, Looking forward to it. 

2 question:

1.) How long to wait for a GM to pop up? On august 23-24 we should meet ups somewhere where where we try things out get to know each other.

2.) IF he/she(probs he) doesn't present himself should we make take turns or stick with one of us? If everyone is against the round robin I'll take it but I don't really want it.

here is a bouns(for the audiance's request(looking at you draconix) read "bonus" as "one more" or "third") question for the OTHERS who I don't know personally:

3.) How is your spoken english? Mine is rusty at best, rather unrefined.

Edited by Naszerinted

Dont worry about English. If your vocabulary is not rich, but you speak understandable English, play an alien which speaks in poor basic. :)

In my GM experience I had only problems with three guys out of few dozens players (I am not a native speaker), and two of them were native speakers....just some guys from Georgia and Alabama speak with a strange accent ;).

Have you ever heard what the Hungarians were called in the WWII and Cold War Era?
ALIENS. We couldnt speak any language beside ours well.

We have a language which is hard to learn and whoever is a native speaker has to practice a LOT I mean a whole lot not have any accent of other languages.

Hi, new on the forums here, but i think we can help each other out here. I've been looking for an online group eversince my reallife group stalled out. (People moving, others having to work eveningshifts and so on) As i was the gm there, i was lokking mostly for a player spot, but i'm also willing to gm if you guys want me to.

To give you the pros and cons:

- i have a hardcopy of edge, but most books are available to me.

- i'm from the netherlands, so timeZone wise it should be ok.

-my spoken english should be good enough

-i'm still a rookie at GMing edge en pen and paper rpg in general.

- i have a decent setting knowledge

- i can reuse parts of my recent campaign, that can support all type of character (both edge and age), altough the direction that it will go other the start will be decided on by party makeup and player preferences. The biggest beauty of this start in the fact we don't need a party of character that know each other.

Well so far my ramblings for now.