Sign in to follow this  
BCooper85

Best way to couter B-wings

Hey guys,

I'm having a really tough time getting through my younger brother's B-wings. He tends to use Daggers with HLC, what's the best rebel counter?

Please note what ships I have in my sig  ;)

Cheers,

Ben

To put all the above together, with 1 dodge dice, B-Wings don't dodge ion well. Once ionized, all the B's great dog fighting doesn't mean anything; just get out of it's arc and focus fire it down.

With your ships, a classic Dutch, Garven, Biggs, Rookie squad should do well. Dutch ions a B, the action passing let's you hit them hard. Biggs keeps Dutch alive long enough to get that close. The round after you ion 1 b, the !s focus fire while Dutch ions another b for next turn.

I don't think the OP has the cards to do this, but for anyone else building Garven and Biggs, I'll highly recommend putting R5P9 on to Biggs. Garven shoots before Biggs, and so can pass him a focus token. Biggs might have 2 at this point, but that's ok. 1 for shooting, and 1 for regenerating shields. It's kinda perfect. Mutual support without sacrificing attack power.

If your Brother will let you proxy R5P9, I'll recomend this list:

Garven Dreis — X-Wing 26

(Total: 26)

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 25

R5-P9 3

(Total: 28)

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18

Ion Cannon Turret 5

(Total: 23)

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18

Ion Cannon Turret 5

(Total: 23)

(Grand total: 100 points)

Edited by Punning Pundit

Jonus and Bombers /w cluster missiles.

Multiple 3 dice attacks with Jonus rerolls...B-Wings can't hang with that kind of abuse.

***nevermind, i failed to see that you were looking for a Rebel counter. Still not too late to join the Dark side ;)

Edited by Johdo

What does your brother normally fly? Are we talking 3 dagger b-wings with HLC's or only two with other ships?  Simply because the other ships he flies could have a big impact on any potential counter.

To parrot much of what's been said, I'd use the following based on the ships you actually own (see, I read the whole post!)

100 points

Wedge Antilles (31)
X-Wing (29), R5-K6 (2)

Red Squadron Pilot (23)

Gold Squadron Pilot (23)
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Gold Squadron Pilot (23)
Y-Wing (18), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

You could drop R5K6 to take 98 squad points and probably get initiative. Let the two Y-Wings Ion whichever target Wedge isn't firing at, and let Wedge go to down with the other X-Wing as extra fire support with him. Or something like that. Locking down the Bs with the ion is the easiest way to hold them in place and pummel them repeatedly.

What does your brother normally fly? Are we talking 3 dagger b-wings with HLC's or only two with other ships?  Simply because the other ships he flies could have a big impact on any potential counter.

He tends to mix it up but it's generally a mix of B-wings with HLC with his YT.

He also goes Imperial and has started using two phantoms, don't think I'll be winning for a while!

Hmm, I think a good general list against both of your brothers is:

Wedge Antilles (29)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Biggs Darklighter (25)

Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 97

Biggs flies with the Y and Wedge so that they can get in close and do their business, while the A flanks your bro's B-wings which will be rolling no green dice due to Outmaneuver.

Wedge and the Y are also good vs Phantoms.

Leaves 3 points to tweak whatever--I left the A-with with outmaneuver instead of PTL because outmaneuver should be great against B-wings, but really both are good, and you can do that too, if you want.

Just proxy the Outmaneuver, Chardaan Refit, and A-Wing Test Pilot cards.