Sign in to follow this  
MacrossVF1

[Scratch build] YG-4210

Looks like a good start... is it just me or does the front look a little short.. or maybe a conscious thought to make it look less... 'stretched' ?

Might look better that way as the picture has always looked odd to me...

I don't want a subforum. Why? Because it would see a lot less traffic than the main one and therefore it would be better to post there instead of the subforum.

Really? I was thinking you might get more views and more comments if it was in a subsection.

ok back on topic: what are you planning on using for the turret and radar?

Looks like a good start... is it just me or does the front look a little short.. or maybe a conscious thought to make it look less... 'stretched' ?

Might look better that way as the picture has always looked odd to me...

There are a number of versions of it and and some are indeed less 'stretched'.

Another update, but as I am firmly in small detail territory, it's getting harder and harder to see some of the work I'm doing. To spice things up at least a little I separated the front from the back. I'm quite pleased with that piece of engineering, throughout the entire build the central column has been a separate piece and yet it slots so precisely in place that you can't tell it's not glued in place.

Sorry aknorthroader, forgot to take the requested picture. I'll try to fix that with the next update. I can tell however that the ship is about 8.9 centimeters long.

YG4210_11.jpg

There's not a lot left to do now and I should be finished with it before the weekend is over. I suppose the biggest and most easily seen addition today is the satellite dish. The dish is an old Macross FAST pack exhaust nozzle that I've cut in half and fitted with a short piece of pianowire. The baseplate the dish stands on is taken from a Tamiya WW2 German tank kit. Also new for today is a size comparison shot. See, I sometimes remember what my adoring fans request. :)

YG4210_12.jpg

Comparison.jpg