Sign in to follow this  
Alderaan Crumbs

Silencers and Nightstingers?

That's a good idea for the setback dice. I was also thinking that it upgrades the difficulty per range band, but that might be too much. As far as the Nightstinger I was thinking 2 HP and Limited Ammo of some amount. You could "reload" the cartridge to keep firing silent, invisible blaster bolts. It'd be expensive and Restricted, of course.

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs

You could over complicate it.  Maybe just reduce the max range on a slugthrower.  Suppressors are actually helpful to a great degree in recoil reduction, muzzle rise, and speed of follow up shots.

Blasters are more open to interpretation such as it uses a special gas that burns at an extreme end of the EM visible spectrum, I think a Limited Ammo restriction might be a good idea in that case.

Edited by 2P51

Silencers should be extremely rare and expensive.

Most people in SW don't even think blasters can be silenced.

That was a major plot point in one of the Zahn books.

Was also a deal in the WEG system. Sneaky types like alliance infiltrators carried them for that reason, made it a legit reason to bring a slugthower instead of a blaster.