Sign in to follow this  
catachanninja

Not sure about this list, feedback requested

So most of my games so far have been with rebels, I've played four games of imperial so far with this list and its 4-0.

soontir fel 27

push the limit 3

targeting computer 2

academy tie 12

night beast 15

Kath scarlet 38

vet instincts 1

mercenary co pilot 2

the big question so far is about kath. She's in there for a high PS tank and 3 attack and she's been great for that. So far her abilities have been totally null and I'm wondering if the points aren't better spent elsewhere. Any feedback would be appreciate.

Kath requires a bit of building-around to make her pilot ability worthwhile, so yes, you're mostly just paying a lot of points in your list for a high PS and an EPT. That having been said, I don't think there's anything wrong with your choice of upgrades.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

Kath's ability will rarely get used, and even if it does taking a Stress is still better than taking a Crit. You may try dumping the Merc Pilot and changing Kath to Boba Fett. The ability to freely change your banking direction (with PS 8) could be huge in either setting up an attack or avoiding one should your opponent make an unexpected move.

The same with Soontir. Everyone loves him (high PS) but his ability is limited to those times he takes a Stress. For 2 points less you can take Turr and get the ability to boost/roll after shooting. Add VI and your PS is now up their. This gives you the ability to set yourself on another ships edge, shoot first, then roll out of his firing arc or roll to place an asteroid between you and him.

And now you have 2-3 points left over (letting Fett keep VI or not) that you can use for initiative or add Swarm Tactics to give your Academy a chance to shoot before getting toasted early.

Kath's ability will rarely get used, and even if it does taking a Stress is still better than taking a Crit. You may try dumping the Merc Pilot and changing Kath to Boba Fett. The ability to freely change your banking direction (with PS 8) could be huge in either setting up an attack or avoiding one should your opponent make an unexpected move.

The same with Soontir. Everyone loves him (high PS) but his ability is limited to those times he takes a Stress. For 2 points less you can take Turr and get the ability to boost/roll after shooting. Add VI and your PS is now up their. This gives you the ability to set yourself on another ships edge, shoot first, then roll out of his firing arc or roll to place an asteroid between you and him.

And now you have 2-3 points left over (letting Fett keep VI or not) that you can use for initiative or add Swarm Tactics to give your Academy a chance to shoot before getting toasted early.

I was thinking when I built this list that turr might be better than soontir, but soontir has been absolutely fantastic so far. Thanks in part to targeting computer I can almost always take two actions to boos his efficiency. This proved particularly nice when I had to play a falcon.

I do however love the boba+swarm tactics idea and I think I'm going to make that change my next game.

Hey, don't ever criticize Super Soontir. Yes, his ability is only when he gets stress but that's why you have PTL!

Do you get lots of use from the targeting computer on Fel? I used to have one as well, but after a tourney and using it once when I was pretty much garunteed a win, it didn't feel worth its points.

I've used it several times, particularly against the falcon I played. I also have had several spots where soontirs regular move got him a great shot or where he's jousted against a lower PS interceptor and used target lock to make sure the other ship can't fire back.

If you can get rebel captive on Kath it is great against your opponent's best ship and makes Kath and end game monster. Also, it's the perfect counter to an ACD phantom (both her ability AND rebel captive).

Obviously taking a stress is better than taking a crit, but it's not a choice, and it's a decent consolation prize, especially if your other dice whiff or your opponent makes a great evade role and/or is turtled up.

As for Soontir, his ability being limited to stress is....pretty much all the time if he's being played correctly with PTL. I like. Turr, but if the points are there for Soontir he's easily one of the best ships the Empire can field.

BH > Krassis > Boba > Kath 

This is just my opinion, but the named pilots are inferior to the generic BH for the points. Kath being the worst and in fact you really should only run her for the EPT and PS, but for the extra point I will just grab Boba. Her ability sucks. Its the one ability I never want to trigger because it probably means I just **** missed my attack.

For a more reliable stress inducer, just run Boba + Slave I + FT + Tactician, which is only 4 points of upgrades. Or you can run that setup on Krassis.

I disagree with almost everything said here.

Stress is the name of the game these days, and it's possibly the best answer to some of the most popular builds right now.  Kath's high PS combined with her stress-dealing ability makes her uniquely suited to dealing with Phantoms, especially if she has a Rebel Captive as well.  And loading a YT up on stress makes them choose between taking actions or making their precious 1-turn.

Boba Fett's ability, in my experience, comes into play far less often than Kath's.

Soontir/PTL is just as good as it's ever been.  Don't get me wrong, Turr's good.  But Fel brings the same mobility without the need to burn his EPT for a PS bid.  Also, Soontir brings turtle mode, whereas if Turr gets bracketed, he's in trouble.

I disagree with almost everything said here.

Stress is the name of the game these days, and it's possibly the best answer to some of the most popular builds right now.  Kath's high PS combined with her stress-dealing ability makes her uniquely suited to dealing with Phantoms, especially if she has a Rebel Captive as well.  And loading a YT up on stress makes them choose between taking actions or making their precious 1-turn.

Boba Fett's ability, in my experience, comes into play far less often than Kath's.

Soontir/PTL is just as good as it's ever been.  Don't get me wrong, Turr's good.  But Fel brings the same mobility without the need to burn his EPT for a PS bid.  Also, Soontir brings turtle mode, whereas if Turr gets bracketed, he's in trouble.

Boba + VI with Rebel Captive or Tactician is a better Phantom hunter, he just is. With Boba at least you have the option to use his ability every turn. Kath's is just too passive for me.