Sign in to follow this  
Filter

Comic con in San Diego

Not there myself but has anyone gone and seen anything at the FFG booth to report on like if they had a Decimator and YT-2400 on display? Or are they waiting for GenCon?

Not there myself but has anyone gone and seen anything at the FFG booth to report on like if they had a Decimator and YT-2400 on display? Or are they waiting for GenCon?

Big reveal at Gen Con.

rebelscum.com has a bunch of pictures from the FFG booth at SDCC. I tried to make a thread about it earlier but the forum won't let me copy/paste links.

Nothing new, but they did show everything they've made so far up to the Rebel Aces pack and I don't know if it was FFG's or someone else's but they were playing the game on a very cool looking Death Star surface.

edit: was able to use firefox and the link button works now to paste a link. I guess it's an IE problem. anyways take a look at what they were playing the game on at the FFG Booth at SDCC.

http://www.rebelscum.com/2014-SDCC/SDCC-2014-Fantasy-Flight-Games-Star-Wars-Pavilion/

SDCC-2014-Fantasy-Flight-Games-Star-Wars

Edited by AlphaTwo

My bet is if anything at SDCC they put out any semblance of X-wing for the crowd that doesn't know about it yet.  (expand the market)

And at Gen-Con they will release newest item that those of us who already know of and are waiting with bated breath.   (cater to the current market)

FFG has always been very hush about their releases right before GenCon.  And even if something is presented at GenCon does not mean it will be ready by GenCon.

You can't really tell from the image above but if you click on the link and check out the other photos you can see that it is not a printed mat. It's a 3D surface.

It looks fantastic despite the fact that I could easily see those little grooves and shapes getting in the way of accurate movements.

I was really looking to see if FFG would have had the 2400 & Decimator on display so we'd finally get a sense of the scale on the Decimator with it next to a fighter or something.

so anyone know if that mat was FFG's or did they barrow it from someone ? it looks awesome, especially with the turbo laser towers.

That's a table that's normally at the FFG event center in Roseville (assuming there's not more than one). As mentioned, it's not actually a mat.