Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

B-Wing Expanded

It is now confirmed that Jan can't help the ship she currently is in.

So long as they crew separate ships flying no further than range three apart, whenever Kyle Katarn grants his ship a focus token, Jan Ors can convert it to an evade token.

And that second B-Wing pilot... honestly don't know what to think about it. Ordnance is not that good so it shouldn't be a problem but... it is basically a Torpedo turret. Did we really needed that?

Edited by Red Castle

It is now confirmed that Jan can't help the ship it currently is in.

So long as they crew separate ships flying no further than range three apart, whenever Kyle Katarn grants his ship a focus token, Jan Ors can convert it to an evade token.

So that overrules the e-mail from Frank Brooks that says otherwise?

And that second B-Wing pilot... honestly don't know what to think about it. Ordnance is not that good so it shouldn't be a problem but... it is basically a Torpedo turret. Did we really needed that?

She'll be an interesting addition to the anti-Phantom armory, if nothing else.

Slapping some flechette torpedoes on that thing would be super-fun. Especially since they're only 2 points each! 

It is now confirmed that Jan can't help the ship it currently is in.

So that overrules the e-mail from Frank Brooks that says otherwise?

I didn't knew there was an e-mail sent that says otherwise but, strictly from what I'm reading here, it would looks like it. They do specifically says 'So long as they crew separate ships', which means that it would not work if they were in the same ship.

As for my comment regarding the other pilot, I'm not saying that it is overpowered or anything, I don,t think it will actually hit the table often. But with all the turrets currently saturating the game, finding a way to give one to a ship that didn't have one in the first place sounds... meh... 

So I both love and hate this. From an impartial standpoint I like that it makes ordinance more of an option. My inner imperial is cursing it however, due to the large number of turrets the rebels already have, it seems like there's no point in playing the dodgey ships anymore. (my entire playstyle)

Yeah I like that better than deadeye.  It frees up an EPT for an ability like opportunist (6 die torps) or PTL.

FCS would also be great on her. Take range 3 potshot to establish Target Lock, use that to fire ordinance.

Slapping some flechette torpedoes on that thing would be super-fun. Especially since they're only 2 points each! 

2 Flechette torpedoes and deadeye for 31 pts, pair her with Garven or Kyle. Attack normally when the ennemy is in sight and use the torpedoes when outside.

Take munition failsafe just in case for one more point.

Edited by Red Castle

So I both love and hate this. From an impartial standpoint I like that it makes ordinance more of an option. My inner imperial is cursing it however, due to the large number of turrets the rebels already have, it seems like there's no point in playing the dodgey ships anymore. (my entire playstyle)

It's a single-evade ship with eight health that has up to two bullets (pending Munitions Failsafes). Those bullets will put her cost anywhere from 28 points to 38 points before any other upgrades, and once they're spent she's just a very expensive PS5 Dagger.

I like the torpedo turret ability.  I think that the cost and one-shot nature of ordnance, and the fact that only one pilot is going to have this ability will keep it from being overpowered.  It's still an expensive proposition to load this ship with a torpedo, even if it is going to be  highly effective.

Edit: I do worry in a vague sense about this in combination with the wave 5 Ion torpedo, which may be a better deal than the ordnance currently available.  

Edited by Babaganoosh

I really dig the torp-turret. It gives a great defensive option without just being another Falcon. This ace with Flechette Torpedoes is a huge no-go zone for a lot of nasty stuff, but it's limited in the number of times it can be used, so the rest of the squad still has to capitalize on it to be successful.

Just make sure to stay out of range 1 if you see Nera with APT's.

Accordingly, the Rebel Aces Expansion Pack doesn’t markedly increase the B-wing’s power level. It doesn’t need a boost. Instead, Rebel Aces boosts the B-wing’s versatility.

Keyan Farlander can use a stress as a focus to increase hits increasing power level...

Nera Dantels can fire protons on a turret increasing his power level and admittedly versatility.

But still both pilots are more power level mongers than the TIE/Defender pilots.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Battalia