Sign in to follow this  
An Irishman

Dagger w/ Adv. Sensors vs. Knave Squadron

At the outset I will admit that this is a vague question as it really matters what list you are fitting it into.  However, for 27 points would you rather run a Dagger with Adv. Sensors or a Knave Squadron pilot?  (No additional upgrades)

I feel like the Dagger w/ A.S. wins hands down, but I want to like the E-Wing...

You can more efficiently spend your points than by taking either of the generic E-wings.  Corran Horn can be good with practice, and Etahn pays himself off rather quickly.  However, in your case, I'd take the Dagger.

I would still take the bwing. The Ewing IMO benefits the most from the upgrade bar it possesses. The upgrade bar is one of the main things about the Ewing that makes it powerful, not utilizing it is a big waste of points. True it has a decent dial and 3 evade dice instead of 1. However I think I would take an xwing naked vs an Ewing simply because of points. So to sum it up bwing all day.

Naked E-wings are not great; I feel like much of the ship's base cost is wrapped up in paying for those nice upgrade slots.  If they go unused, then you're paying for nothing.  

The problem with that is that when you buy nice upgrades for the E, you run the risk of over-investing.  

So yeah, B-wings are solid, especially with Adv Sensors.  E-wings are marginal at best, and probably downright bad investments if flown naked.  

-That said, I love the E.  I fly 3 Es in my current list.  But I don't think it is particularly competitive :(

Edited by Babaganoosh

-That said, I love the E.  I fly 3 Es in my current list.  But I don't think it is particularly competitive :(

hmm i know how you feel. I tend to fly thematic lists / they are just more fun even if they are not quite as effective.