Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewMzrt936

Krayt Fang Custom Repaint

24 posts in this topic

The problem you face is that you have just used a base color set, no highlights or shading. Perfectly fine for your own table top use, but may not do well on Ebay.

Keep painting, add some shade and highlight and your ships will look better and better.

Thanks for the ebay link. Because I was curious, I read the page. 45 bucks for me to mail you my falcon, pay for shipping and all you do is you spray paint it orange? 

WTF is wrong with your brain? 

NotBatman and Stronghammer like this

How disappointing. I was led to believe this was a fairly friendly forum, and then, suddenly, this lineup of insults to a completely harmless post. I hope the moderators drop the hammer, hard.

How disappointing. I was led to believe this was a fairly friendly forum, and then, suddenly, this lineup of insults to a completely harmless post. I hope the moderators drop the hammer, hard.

It actually is a fairly friendly forum, the members just don't put up with things like this.

He posted one pic of his custom paint job, no description of how he made it, what colors, reference material etc Just a picture and a link to his ebay page to sell it.

He would have gotten a WHOLE different reaction if he would have been more friendly and community oriented himself, instead of "hey look at my paint job... want to see more look at my advertisement on ebay".

If you want to sell your services on a community forum, that is ok and good... You just have to be part of the community though, give free advice, do some articles on how to do it yourself (or just pay me to do it for you:).

He has 19 posts or something, a number of which he is selling something.

But...it's not like it's actually harmful to look at some pictures on Ebay. It takes little time to navigate away again. Like or dislike the guy's paintjob and his wish to sell rather than engage in debates, educate, or whatever, some of the above responses are unnecessarily rude, and I can't see how they help this forum in any way. Sure, it might be acceptable behaviour among some of the members to attack others who do not participate in the 'proper' manner (apparently, it is), but take it from a new guy, it does nothing to promote the forum to a wider audience.

BruceA and DreadStar like this

I didn't read the whole thing....

I thought the $45 included the Falcon model.

Not that I want to put the man down, but $45 for that standard of paint just isn't in the ballpark...

More practice with the paints OP, that's all you need.

Edited by Englishpete

But...it's not like it's actually harmful to look at some pictures on Ebay. It takes little time to navigate away again. Like or dislike the guy's paintjob and his wish to sell rather than engage in debates, educate, or whatever, some of the above responses are unnecessarily rude, and I can't see how they help this forum in any way. Sure, it might be acceptable behaviour among some of the members to attack others who do not participate in the 'proper' manner (apparently, it is), but take it from a new guy, it does nothing to promote the forum to a wider audience.

Try reading some of the other threads where someone posted up their repaint or even remodel of a ship. You'll see a much different reaction.

Radarman5 likes this

yep, the problem with the post is that it is not a post.  It is just an advertisement for his painting service.  We don't want our forum chuck full of spam.(like my inbox)

Try reading some of the other threads where someone posted up their repaint or even remodel of a ship. You'll see a much different reaction.

Even the repaints that are particularly bad usually get nice and supportive comments. I think people just don't like spam.

oneway likes this

Even the repaints that are particularly bad usually get nice and supportive comments. I think people just don't like spam.

I'm sorry but

It had to be done. I'm weak

oneway likes this

God damnit, now I'm gonna have spam on me brain all night. I'm probably going to have spamfilled nightmares! And tomorrow I'll start spamming the forum. And maybe even start eating spam. Spam, spam, spam! :)

Spaceman91 likes this

Would that be with spam, spam and spam... with more spam, spam, spam, and even more spam???

Spamity spam spam.... oh those vikings... lol