Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slugrage

Extended Trailer for Animated Star Wars: Rebels

115 posts in this topic

Here it is, fresh off the Star Wars Youtube page, the extended trailer for the upcoming animated Star Wars: Rebels. I'm cautiously optimistic. Direct link here

Okay, who am I kidding? I'm giggling like a fanboy that's OD'd on Skittles and Red Bull.

Edited by Slugrage

I love the clone wars a lot so I'll definitely check this out.  I know both shows have some "interesting" style choices that you either love or hate.

For the clone wars it was the rigid, sometimes blocky faces.

For rebels, some of the stuff is really stylized, like the squatty ties and odd stormtrooper helmets.

I'm a little interested in the idea of this show, but only if they'll give some interesting and complex Imperial characters too. That Inquisitor has my eye… possible future Imperial Crew card?

Looks cool. I just wish Disney would have let clone wars run another 12-14ish episodes so that we could finish the major arc/questions. Mainly on what happens to Cad Bane, Ventress, Ahsoka, Darth Maul, and Mother Talzin. At least the latter two are being finished by Dark Horse plus the Clone Wars writers.

Edited by AverageBoss
Jordan Peacock likes this

I really like that they're covering the time period where the rebellion starts to form.  My only hope however is that the force users end up dieing at the end of the series.  It would be stupid to have former jedi's around that could train Luke that are oddly absent from the movies (other than Obi Wan and Yoda).

I'm a little interested in the idea of this show, but only if they'll give some interesting and complex Imperial characters too. That Inquisitor has my eye… possible future Imperial Crew card?

Wrong time frame though, I wouldn't expect to see anything from this show, showing up in the game. 

The show does look .. promising though.. 

Oh look I am a Clone Trooper that survived the onslaught of Clone Wars. Fought hand to hand against Super Battle Droids and shot blaster with pin point accuracy... Suddenly I am unable to defeat a 15y old kid and his droid.  :wacko:

That cartoon is another stinking pile of Dewback dung

Edited by Suriel

Somehow I'd gotten it into my head that this was going to be traditional animation, so that trailer left me disappointed. And the pink Mandalorian is borderline offensive.

Still, looks pretty good.

At first I'd been looking forward to this, but the stubby TIE Fighter wings and stubby astromech droid look ridiculous to me.  Disney has Disney-fied Star Wars, much as I'd feared.  

If they'd stayed true to the classic Star Wars designs, I'd be totally into this,  But now that I see what they've done with it, this looks like a Play SchoolTM version of Star Wars.

Dang it, I'm a grown man, not a toddler!

At first I'd been looking forward to this, but the stubby TIE Fighter wings and stubby astromech droid look ridiculous to me.  Disney has Disney-fied Star Wars, much as I'd feared.  

If they'd stayed true to the classic Star Wars designs, I'd be totally into this,  But now that I see what they've done with it, this looks like a Play SchoolTM version of Star Wars.

Well it is a show meant for kids...

I think the show looks interesting. I am definitely excited for it, but I am reserving my judgement until I see it. As far as the style choices, it is a cartoon meant for children, not the movies which are more geared towards adults. So I really don't have any strong disagreements with it. Would I have designed it that way? Probably not, but then again I'm not someone with years of experience making children's cartoons.

Wrong time frame though, I wouldn't expect to see anything from this show, showing up in the game. 

The show does look .. promising though.. 

I wouldn't be too sure that we won't see anything from the show, eventually. The designers said they were limiting it to the period of the Galactic Civil War, which would presumably begin here... Seems like a good fit to me.

Regardless, I am looking forward to this, looks like it could be fun.

Not too jazzed about having to pay for the Disney channel to get it, though...

lol, it is a kids cartoon. They need to make new Star Wars fans somehow, I hope this means the cartoon will get all the kids stuff and the movies will stay true to the original star wars. Unlike that whole teen angst prequel garbage.

Well it is a show meant for kids...

I think the show looks interesting. I am definitely excited for it, but I am reserving my judgement until I see it. As far as the style choices, it is a cartoon meant for children, not the movies which are more geared towards adults. So I really don't have any strong disagreements with it. Would I have designed it that way? Probably not, but then again I'm not someone with years of experience making children's cartoons.

The Prequels were geared for adults? I was 13 when Phantom came out and I thought it was dumb then. My 7 and 8 year old cousins loved it. Even the OT is not really "adult films". My dad who was 30 when A New Hope came out said he saw Star Wars and didn't know what the big deal was. I think Star Wars as a whole is more adolescent geared.

Mikael Hasselstein and jkl like this