Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raven1015

And our next hero is..

85 posts in this topic

Well she's definitely awesome and brings needed elements to the Spirit sphere, all other Spirit heroes have only had at most 9 threat so having an 11 threat hero means they're more versatile and you're in the sphere that can lower your threat so she is super good, I hope for more high threat Spirit heroes.  Her ability is obviously better in multiplayer and will be hard to trigger as often in solo.  I really like how they had an insert about her, it's helps her feel more real and all FFG made heroes should have something like this  :)

I'm kind of doing a 180 on my thinking on her. I'm having a lot more fun with her in solo than expected and her response is a nice bonus when it does trigger. The 3 attack is pretty substantial. Team her up with Glorfindel and just about every mid range enemy will fall in combat, which is a pretty big deal for spirit decks.

She really shines in 3 trials since locations are leaving play regularly, but so far on some older quests her response has less of an impact, but overall this can be worked around with spirit readying cards.

However, without Glorfindel in a solo deck I find my options are a bit more limited for selecting other heroes, so in some ways she's another card that makes the spirit sphere and particularly Glorfindel even stronger than before, but I'm done complaining.

ALL HAIL IDRAEN! Hip Hip Horay

Edited by Tracker1
FetaCheese likes this

Hmm yes I think you're right. It's not gonna work in all scenarios but most of them probably. 

Also still no ffgapp link to The Three Trials!... I want to see the cards!

http://ffgapp.com/qr/MEC27

I posted that a day before the cards were up, and I kept a close eye till they were all in the page. For some reason though, they never put the quest cards in the page! 

Anyway thanks for putting the link.

I'm kind of doing a 180 on my thinking on her. I'm having a lot more fun with her in solo than expected and her response is a nice bonus when it does trigger. The 3 attack is pretty substantial. Team her up with Glorfindel and just about every mid range enemy will fall in combat, which is a pretty big deal for spirit decks.

She really shines in 3 trials since locations are leaving play regularly, but so far on some older quests her response has less of an impact, but overall this can be worked around with spirit readying cards.

However, without Glorfindel in a solo deck I find my options are a bit more limited for selecting other heroes, so in some ways she's another card that makes the spirit sphere and particularly Glorfindel even stronger than before, but I'm done complaining.

ALL HAIL IDRAEN! Hip Hip Horay

She is a total solo hero for sure. The more players the less you really need duel use heroes. Her ability is limited by location exploration but this is forming a really cool deck. I am not ready to call it done (I finalize decks at the end of the cycle) but Lore / Spirit solo deck is showing GREAT promise.

Especially with Rivendale Scout.. Tracker, Guide, I.Tracker, etc... I think it is the start of a new encounter control deck where you leave the locations in the staging area and then use R.Scout to complete these locations at a time of your choosing. We have a lot of tools for placing exploration markers as well as moving them with R.Scout. Even ways to remove the threat of a location every quest phase so storing tokens on a location dose not add threat... It is kind of like when we used to run SNARE and IN FIGHTING to move damage around.

I have a suspicion that this could be the start of a new "type" location entering and leaving play effects.. we already have a few, and she will be a major player in this forming deck.

I am not ready to call it done (I finalize decks at the end of the cycle) but Lore / Spirit solo deck is showing GREAT promise.

To be completely honest I don't think they're gonna develop it further than this pack. Sure we will get some more scout heroes in the next APs, but they're not going to make this scout theme deck viable anytime soon. It's just the FFG way I guess.

@Booored

I like what your thinking. Here is a possible strategy that calls for some seldom used cards. Keep Thror's key attached to her until a location pops up with a nasty travel effect with lots of quest points between and between 1-3 threat. The threat choice will be based on how many Power of the Earth you have in hand.

Let say you completely neutralize a location effect with Thor's key, then you eliminate its staging area threat with power in the earth. Now if you have some cards that can put progress on the location like Asfaloth each round, if the location has 6 quest points and you get 2 or ravenhill scouts in play you can pretty much clear a location the moment it shows up in the staging area, or wait until you need to ready Idraen for combat.

That sounds like a lot of moving parts, but could be pretty neat once it's all set up.

Edited by Tracker1

I think the goal is to have a high point location as the travel area. Place travel markers on it with Guide. This way even if you fail to quest you still place progress tokens. Though the goal is to not ever clear it, just use it as a "storage area" for tokens which you move with R.Scout and Asfaloth, to drop 4 on a location on a whim. This is only a few cards.. 2 in fact, 3 with the Guide.

I dunno, I think there is something missing still, but the basics of a interesting deck is there I think. Riddermark's Finest drops 2 tokens at will... as dose Strength of Will, Ride to Ruin (combo's with clandra). Remeber she untaps as a response, you could use clearing locations as a way to untap between combat. Untap her with Asfaloth by clearing the travels location then tap her again to drop Strength of Will as you travel, and then untap her again after that gose off, especially if there is a tracker out topping up all the locations in the staging so they only need a little thing to "tip them over.

Still yeah, I have no idea if this is worth it, but it feel like this could be a thing, though locations are getting more powerful and less often of late.. still I'm curious to see what the rest of the set gives us. I only really put effort into deck making after pack 6.

Edited by booored

But if the active location is absorbing progress and then redistributing it, how do you make progress on the quest. You'll have to clear it at some time, rather than just have it sit there. Maybe I'm not understanding the strategy completely, but look forward to hearing hearing if it works out for you.

But if the active location is absorbing progress and then redistributing it, how do you make progress on the quest. You'll have to clear it at some time, rather than just have it sit there. Maybe I'm not understanding the strategy completely, but look forward to hearing hearing if it works out for you.

This is more of a setup strategy. It keeps the staging area clean while readying Idraen often so that you have time to set up the rest of the deck. This only really works in quests where there is a stage that it doesn't hurt to progress slowly on. I also suggest Path of Need to go along with this strategy. If you can get it into play during this "setup" time, you can have several turns where none of your heroes exhaust to do anything while you build up your ally army. This seems quite powerful to me. Too bad you can only have 1 copy of Path of Need in your deck. Makes it less reliable... but that's what Master of the Forge is for, right?