• Announcements

• FFG Fra

Upcoming Changes to the Fantasy Flight Games Forums   01/20/2017

Hello Fantasy Flight Games forum community!   This week, we will be making some important changes to your Fantasy Flight Games community account and the way that you log into the Fantasy Flight Games community forums and web store.   We have been working hard to integrate with the rest of the Asmodee group, and we are happy to announce a unified way to access all the websites and apps made by Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder, and Asmodee!   For most users, nothing will change: you will still log into the Fantasy Flight Games forums using your current login name and password. Only the login user interface will be new.   For a few users, your credentials might be slightly changed. For example, this could happen to users who have both a Fantasy Flight Games and Days of Wonder account, or in the case of conflicting login names across platforms. When these situations occur, special e-mails will be sent to those users with an easy explanation about those changes and what steps to take next. For any of you receiving those e-mails, please make sure to follow the instructions carefully.   Remember, official communications from Fantasy Flight Games or Asmodee.Net will never ask for your password.   What are the benefits for you as a player? Using a unified account to access all of our web services and apps makes your life simpler. Over time, you will see new features emerging, such as keeping all of your friends under a single account, finding friends easily in apps with online play, or developing your personal profile by adding to your board games collection. These are just some of the features that you will see during the next year, once this important technical step is complete.   Important note: The migration of the forums to our new system will take place on Tuesday, January 24th. The forums will be offline for about two hours during that time. Once the migration is complete, older forum posts may look strange for up to 24 hours as we rebuild them in our new system.   We can’t wait to connect our board game communities and build bridges between universes, game systems, players, events, groups, game clubs, and more! This is only the first step in bringing people and games closer together. For more information, read our FAQ at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/.   Best regards,   The Fantasy Flight Games Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raven1015

And our next hero is..

85 posts in this topic

Thanks for the image Ian! Great hero IMO. This pack kinda makes some sort of ranger/scout deck viable, with Lore Aragorn and a bunch of ranger cards, and Glorfindel who just works great. With access to Asfaloth, Northern Tracker, Wingfoot which helos with action advantage, even Ride to Ruin to use with horse-breeders, and a lot of traps to take care of enemies, this kinda works as a staging area control deck for Locations and enemies. Granted, we could have made this before but Idraen and Warden of Arnor kinda make the deck really.

Also, I would beg you for more pictures, please, I want to see the art so badly, lol. Curious about how Warden of Arnor looks like.

Edited by Gizlivadi
PsychoRocka likes this

woah!!!!!! got other spoilers? :P

The new hero is very cool and potentially quite good (especially with Asfaloth and Northern Trackers in play, you could ready her when clearing a location during staging from Northern Tracker, then ready her a second time after defending or attacking with her by exploring a 2 quest point location with Asfaloth during combat and then a third time by exploring the current location with Legolas's trigger after attacking and destroying a foe with him readying her for her own final attack) but not for me, wanna see them allies and attachments!!

Catastrophic09 likes this

Thanks for the image Ian! Great hero IMO. This pack kinda makes some sort of ranger/scout deck viable, with Lore Aragorn and a bunch of ranger cards, and Glorfindel who just works great. With access to Asfaloth, Northern Tracker, Wingfoot which helos with action advantage, even Ride to Ruin to use with horse-breeders, and a lot of traps to take care of enemies, this kinda works as a staging area control deck for Locations and enemies. Granted, we could have made this before but Idraen and Warden of Arnor kinda make the deck really.

Also, I would beg you for more pictures, please, I want to see the art so badly, lol. Curious about how Warden of Arnor looks like.

Where was Warden of Arnor spoiled?

OH MAN ELVEN MAIL IS LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to find spots for it already, that is just the ultimate for Elrohir. He will have Sentinel even without Arwen in play and will have 6 hit points alongside his armour of 6 or 7 and his ability to block several attacks provided he has resources. Hes gonna be the ultimate defender bar none, I reckon he ***** all over Beregond now, this literally fills one of the main gaps and weaknesses of my decks, couldn't be more psyched for this card. Just need art now and I can proxy it right away!

Edited by PsychoRocka
Olorin93 likes this

Yep, it's pretty good. Feigned Voices is also pretty good, and we got Rumil also! That's an ally everyone wanted to see. Also for this deck I'm planning, Rumpur from the Earth with Wingfoot basically becomes Leadership Aragorn's ability on the Lore one, which means in a good scenario all of our 3 heroes will be ready for combat.

That is a nice combo!! Yeah Feigned Voices is pretty cool and I have been waiting for Rumil (cause of how long ago he was spoiled and deck tinkering however I don't think I even will be using him but that may change when I actually HAVE him :P ).

Greyflood is pretty fantastic too, Rivendell Scout is insanely good for secrecy at 0 cost for willpower and attack values and you can obviously chump block with him. Warden of Arnor is pretty sweet too.

The last three (elronds message and the two previously spoiled cards) seem to be the least useful/powerful of the lot, pretty happy about that as I thought that Leaf Brooch and Noiseless Movement were pretty meh (don't have any interest in secrecy).

Rivendel Scout works great in the Secrecy deck Beorn made which is already awesome. I dig that card. In my opinion that is one of like the 2 only viable secrecy deck so far, along with Dunhere secrecy, but this one uses Lore, in which these cards works fine IMO (noiseless movement, leaf brooch) although I haven't tested them much.

Even cooler, the insert contains a fiull page story of one of Idraen's exploits.

That's pretty cool, it's great to see these characters get more development. Take the Planeswalker route, FFG, no one would care, lol.  Anyway, this is already my favorite fictional ffg heroine, both mechanic-wise and character-wise, even though the others are much cuter of course (no one says anything for Caldara?)

Edited by Gizlivadi
Catastrophic09 likes this

Idraen: wow, just fantastic.  given we originally knew this would be a spirit hero and previously spoiled secrecy cards i had anticipated that the hero for this back would revolve even if remotely the secrecy mechanic but Idraen is not that at all and man what a great ability and so great in spirit as well.  Couldnt be happier with her design and IMO she's the most useful spirit hero we've had since spirit Glorfindel (sorry but Caldara is too linear for my tastes).  I think unfortunately when given the choice spirit glorfindel will still be the more obvious parallel since he can ready more efficiently while questing through light of valinor but i'm really pleased with her design and I'm excited to have her in my collection. As pyschorocka pointed out spirit has a lot of options to make sure her ability triggers each round and it seems as though putting progress tokens on locations is the new design for the dunedain trait if this pack is any indication considering her, the greyflood wanderer, and aptly named warden of arnor all deal with location manipulation.

Rivendell Scout: Will be a great addition in secrecy decks since he will carry the fabulous cost of zero but other than that i dont think he would be used unless noldor gains universal buffs.  Interested to see the art although.

Feigned Voice: So here is the final silvan returning event that we had not seen.  As with the other 3 previously spoiled this is another great card.  Having another 3 feints with the side ability of re-triggering Silvan buffs once replaying is really great and the trait gets better with each pack.  It will be immensely satisfying even to just return an exhausted ally you may have used for questing to stop an enemy you didnt anticpated engaging you from attacking then throwing out a new ally to attack that enemy with Celeborn's buff.

Rumil: previously spoiled but i'll look forward to incorporating him into decks.  I kind of wish his cost was 3 instead of 4 but whatever.

Elven Mail: holy crap is this card phenominal.  giving the sentinal trait alone is a big deal so you no longer necessarily have to count on pulling arwen to be able to multi-defend in multiplayer.  the obvious target for this is Elrohir as mentioned previously.  It seems the elf twins are getting a host of new toys to freshen up their gameplay this cycle which is pretty great.  Celeborn and Elrond are two decent targets for this as well.  Even Gildor is a good target since it doesnt specifically mention heroes since he has 3 defense but yea Elrohir all the way.

Greyflood Wanderer: interesting ally who i like in theory but dont know if i'd use in practice.  kind of depends on the game situation and how many locations are in the staging area because in the end it comes down to "is a threat gain of 2 worth X amount of progress tokens" because otherwise his 3 cost his hard to justify his cost when there are other costly spirit allies that may otherwise be more deserving.  In a mono spirit deck (or heavily featured spirit deck) he would obviously work well with northern tracker but otherwise i think he may get the bump

Warden of Arnor: I like the card even though its not terribly strong but the real limitation is that at this point it literally can only be attached to Idraen.  I'm sure FFG intends to create more scout traited heroes (and i think we may even see one in the following pack with the potential for a lore hero haldir) but still even then...its hard to really debate the use of this card. Either you're using Idraen and you may run 2 copies or you're not running Idraen and you're obviously not using it.

Message from Elrond: Maybe the more creative thinkers of this board can think of better uses for it than I, but currently this card seems like a dud...i just cant even see the point unless they need a gandalf for one reason or another. maybe the art will be god.

Noiseless Movement & Leafbrooch: already spoiled and this post is long enough already

PsychoRocka likes this

Man Elven Mail is like the exact card I've been hoping gets made for a while now, something that gives Sentinel AND defense/health and can go on Elrohir. He already has beasty defense, a ridiculous amount of readies provided you build up his resources but has always been weak against direct damage (especially shadow effects that deal direct damage) on his meager 4 hit points.

I'm still in shock this actually got made and is coming out so soon. Fills one of the glaring weaknesses in my two handed decks so so well and now even if I do get Arwen out but she then dies I won't lose Sentinel on Elrohir provided he has one of these. On top of this If he has defense buffed high enough and has Sentinel from Elven Mail already Arwen can instead be used to buff another defender and give them Sentinel and +1 defense instead!

A second one goes perfectly on Elrond, who is usually used for questing but if he has unexpected courage or is kept back as a defender he will have much more health to defend with and can defend for both decks. It also works very well on Gildor and Elladan.

wow, that is a AWESOME hero. Duel use heroes are becoming a real thing now.. and it is all good! (as in not deciding between quest and defend / attack.. doing both). Only thing is I wish it was Lore.

wonderful cards - cant wait for this pack...and the art looks promising also from the pics

i guess it wont be long before dale scout is finally placed into players decks if the scout trait keeps getting built upon ;)

Edited by richsabre

I guess, making an attachment that just one hero can utilize well (or at all) is becoming a trend of this cycle. 

On the other note, anybody noticed how powerful Message from Elrond can be? In competitive environment, lore player can carry duplicates of the events of any sphere and when needed - pass them to the right sphere player. So technically, for example, in a 3 player game, there can be 9 sneak attacks (+repeats from the tome), with only one of the players running leadershit sphere at all.

richsabre, it will require some heavy powerful card that requires scout ALLIES to make dale scouts worth including, which is highly unprobable.

Indeed, message from Elrond is the card I'm digging mostly here.

Another example: all players in my group use spirit, and we all run 3 copies of Test of Will.

How many times has it happend that a devastating treachery popped from the encounter deck, and the player with Test of Will in his hand did not have a rescource left??? Many, many times I tell you.

Now you can play Message from Elrond and simply pass it to another spirit player with a spirit rescource left!

Sooo many possibilities with this card...amazing...

Most of the other cards are ace too by the way!

richsabre, it will require some heavy powerful card that requires scout ALLIES to make dale scouts worth including, which is highly unprobable.

i dont know though - i came up with a nifty little trick with path of need and dale scout ;)

Ohnomycocoa likes this

Looks like a good batch of cards to play around with.

In terms of the hero, it definitely seems like it will add some interesting deck building possibilities, but the 11 starting threat bothers me. With a push to return to secrecy, this card does not help. Unless you are going with 2 hero. But for 3 hero, you can't team her up with 2 other heroes to even start at 20. The best would be 22 with Spirit Glorfindel and a Hobbit, most likely Pippin lore. Sure, Elrond's Counsel gets you to 19 opening round, but of course that's if your running Glorfindel in the deck, which is getting kind of old. Would have been cool to have a hero that could break secrecy dependence from him, but the problem is introducing another low threat hero with really good stats means you can pair Glorfindel and said hero together. Glorfindel's impact on the player card pool has been substantial. Making him 5 threat was a giant mistake, 8 or 9 threat would have been enough of a discount and would have allowed for more flexibility in threat distribution of future heroes

Overall, i like her, although for solo play here response will not be a reliable source of readying her each round.
Bullroarer Took likes this