Sign in to follow this  
LordofBrewtown

Ambush Dragons

Hey, question on the ambush hatchlings & how they become duplicates.  I am guessing that you have to pay the gold cost (or influence/ambush) to get them into play, and then the passive takes over and they become duplicates if Rhaegal/Drogon/Viserion is in play (and you can't just play from hand as duplicate for free during marshalling).  

If so, what happens if you have the uniques with ambush related abilities in play and play the hatchllings via ambush?  If Rhaegal is in play and knelt, and & I use ambush to play green hatchling - can I:  A) use Rhaegal's response to stand him, as a character came into play (hatchling was a character then passive takes effect) or B) Passive ability effectively means that a character never entered play, just a duplicate, I cannot stand Rhaegal?  

LordofBrewtown said:

Hey, question on the ambush hatchlings & how they become duplicates.  I am guessing that you have to pay the gold cost (or influence/ambush) to get them into play, and then the passive takes over and they become duplicates if Rhaegal/Drogon/Viserion is in play (and you can't just play from hand as duplicate for free during marshalling).

Correct. They are not duplicates of the big dragons, so you cannot play them as such. You play them as characters, then the passive transforms them.

LordofBrewtown said:

If so, what happens if you have the uniques with ambush related abilities in play and play the hatchllings via ambush?  If Rhaegal is in play and knelt, and & I use ambush to play green hatchling - can I:  A) use Rhaegal's response to stand him, as a character came into play (hatchling was a character then passive takes effect) or B) Passive ability effectively means that a character never entered play, just a duplicate, I cannot stand Rhaegal

A. A character came into play (and was then transformed). The only one of the 5KE dragons that doesn't work well with the Ambush hatchlings is Drogon because by the time you trigger him, the character-turned-dupe has no STR to reference for the comparison.