Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crabbok

If FFG made more movable parts of their ships

36 posts in this topic

If FFG made more movable parts of their X-Wing ships, which would you like to see the most?  

I'd want landing gear and lowering ramp for the falcon.  

Would be cool to have functioning s-foils too.

I'd love to see that. A guy posted the method he used here quite some time ago and I don't remember who, but it wasn't that big of a modification to the X-Wing to include them.

If FFG made more movable parts of their X-Wing ships, which would you like to see the most?  

I'd want landing gear and lowering ramp for the falcon.  

Well, they did and it's the lambda wings. If that's the kind of moving parts we would get as a factory standard I'll take the status quo :P

mazz0, haslo, admat and 2 others like this

We already have the lambda wings and the falcon sensor dish but it would be cool to see the missile pod open and close on the bomber and the s-foils on the b-wing and x-wing.

Yeah I mean in addition to the Lambda Wings and Falcon Dish.   

Maybe have the Slave-1's wings rotate to a Landing position... or have it's guns flip around backwards.  

Imperial scum likes this

I modified the guns on my Firesprays to rotate. Simple job, just wiggle them loose, cut off the mounting stem, drill a hole through the shell and re-mount them on an axle.

Not a fan of moving parts on my game models. Tends to make things more fragile and prone to breakage.

Storing my Falcon is already a pain because of the dish.

Articulated x wings, rotating b wings, and rotating defender cockpit.

The last two can be easily achieved with a hobby knife and some rare earth magnets.  Personally I think their current levels of moving parts is fine.  Try to get too details and it drives up the cost as well as increasing the likelihood of damaged of missing part.

It would add so much to the fragility of already delicate models. S-foils sound great, and I've seen one guy mod his X-wings to make it happen, but they just seem too delicate for me. I do enjoy the way the Lambda wings come down, but anything else is just too small

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Articulated x wings, rotating b wings, and rotating defender cockpit.

The last two can be easily achieved with a hobby knife and some rare earth magnets.  Personally I think their current levels of moving parts is fine.  Try to get too details and it drives up the cost as well as increasing the likelihood of damaged of missing part.

actually - its not so much the cockpit of the defender - as it is the tri-panels.

It definitely enters the toy realm with to many moving parts, and this is a miniatures game.

Oh please. They're basically toys already. Least, that's how I look at them.

You absolutely cannot tell me with a straight face, that you didn't fly it around a little bit. C'mon, let's be honest about that here.

Also can people stop suggesting a rotating defender cockpit? They... They don't do that.

It would add so much to the fragility of already delicate models. S-foils sound great, and I've seen one guy mod his X-wings to make it happen, but they just seem too delicate for me. I do enjoy the way the Lambda wings come down, but anything else is just too small

Yeah that is the final phooey on it, and nay to the lighting too. If you are not going to have lights everywhere, it looks blah.

Why are just the Huge and Large ships lit-up?

Nah.

:ph34r:

I had rather have very nice painted engine glows.

:)

Now making a space station or something that has large observation windows, or making explosions and having suns and stars and so forth all lighted, that is cool IMO.

admat likes this

It would be pretty cool if the B-Wing cockpit could rotate and where the peg connects too, so you could change it's angle. The TIE Defender cockpit didn't rotate, that one just doesn't make sense. I would like to see some more turrets rotate, but it would probably drive the cost up a bit though. Probably the one thing that really should of been rotatable is the wings on the Firespray.

It would be pretty cool if the B-Wing cockpit could rotate and where the peg connects too, so you could change it's angle. The TIE Defender cockpit didn't rotate, that one just doesn't make sense. I would like to see some more turrets rotate, but it would probably drive the cost up a bit though. Probably the one thing that really should of been rotatable is the wings on the Firespray.

Yeah and that is the ship that would be a real job to make it happen in house.

:(