Sign in to follow this  
Mesrob

How many Rebel Transports did you buy?

I got two. 

I really like having the options, and I REALLY like the X-wing that came with them. All of my X-wings were purchased when the game first came out, so they're all a little gumpy-looking - paint is too thick and engines/cannons are all akimbo, etc.

The crisp, clean X-wing that came with the transport is so spice...

I got two. 

I really like having the options, and I REALLY like the X-wing that came with them. All of my X-wings were purchased when the game first came out, so they're all a little gumpy-looking - paint is too thick and engines/cannons are all akimbo, etc.

The crisp, clean X-wing that came with the transport is so spice...

Yeah it IS!

:D

I have 2 Transports and a Tantive.  Honestly, I prefer the 2 Transports.  Upgrading the "Jam" action and Jaming 3+ ships a round is BURIAL. Most Imp ships only positive is how fast they can maneuver.  Take that away and you can swat them out pretty quickly. The Tantive not having the Jam Action and having attacks that can't seem to hit anything make it less exciting.  Tantive is so clearly made to take out other Huge ships, so we'll have to wait to see what the Imperial forces get, because you know it's coming! 

I got 2 transports for a number of reasons.  They're awesome and imposing, and I want to have 2 for epic battles.  Also the 6th X-wing (with the 2nd transport) balanced out the symmetry of my fleet, which I'm weirdly obsessive about.

I bought 2 before I realized how much I disliked epic play. I only opened one for the X-Wing and to give epic play a try, and will safe the other for posterity. I also bought 1 Tantive IV (also opened), and will likely buy one of each epic ship that comes with cards that can be used in the regular game.  I don't mind owning one of each huge ships in case I ever change my mind re: epic play, and the cards for regular games are usually pretty good (not to mention the ships themselves look pretty cool).

What don't you like about epic play?

I just wish the EPT droid for Rebel's wasn't unique and came with a "cheaper" ship. So we could get low/mid PS generics with EPT and not just one. I mean it isn't that breaking it means we can't run 4 Red's with EPT/VI, we can't run more than 4 Y-wings with an EPT. It's already limited by 3 or higher Pilot Skill, the only ship it could possibly be even semi "Broken" on is an E-wing  but it has better choices for astros.

If anyone wants to off load the x-wing extras from their transport, I will be happy to assist in an exchange of goods. I've already had a successful trade from the Big trade forum. PM me please!