switch8383

FFG any possible snow speeders?

This thread has some really good ideas About inter-atmospheric battles!

On 7/20/2014 at 1:57 PM, Punning Pundit said:

I'd love to see some sort of atmospheric rules for this game- the big advantage X-Wings and Z-95s had over Tie Fighters (other than hyper drives) was their ability to perform well in the atmosphere. This is something the Rebellion took advantage of a few times in the course of the war.

I almost think you'd need special dials, though. And everyone has 1 fewer agility die.

On 7/20/2014 at 2:01 PM, Ikka said:

Simple rule would be that any TIE-based ship has 2 fewer agility and all other ships have 1 less due to the TIE having massive issues with atmospheric turbulence.

On 7/20/2014 at 2:19 PM, Punning Pundit said:

That's a good approximation, I think. I'd like to also simulate the Tie's lack of left/right turning as well, but that would require a bit more work. :)

I feel this would be a great alternate way to play the game.  I know I like suggesting alternate game play formats, but this is quite a good (albeit, unfinished), idea.

Edited by Infinite_Maelstrom
Long Live the Emperor!

The stupid TIE stiker is good enough to be an in space craft, even if it would be functioning at a diminished effect , which would make it insane if the current stats of it were the diminished version, meh, bullchit ))

On 1.11.2017 at 10:12 PM, Rhaivaen said:

Actually we do know the answer to that:

This ugly duckling: http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Striker_Expansion_Pack

That is not an low-altitude craft. Sub-Orbital flight most certainly ain't low altitude. And actually it might be even even achieving orbital flight. It's just designed for air combat, outperforming TIE-Fighters greatly in atmosphere. It furthermore comes with weapons specific to ground targets, basically air-to-ground proton-bombs specifically. They are left out in X-Wing as the stats represent its use in space, else the ship would be faster. :P

3 hours ago, Rhaivaen said:

The stupid TIE stiker is good enough to be an in space craft, even if it would be functioning at a diminished effect , which would make it insane if the current stats of it were the diminished version, meh, bullchit ))

It's rate for 1500km/h atmospheric flight, while TIE/LN only reach ~1200km/h. Comes with bombs for atmospheric use as well. And shuttle pods for transport duty from ground to orbit.