Followers 0
tiefanatic

Double B-wing list.

6 posts in this topic

Here it is:

Ibtisam w/Opportunist/HLC

Keyan Farlander w/Opportunist/HLC

Rookie Pilot.

the idea behind this is that both ibtisam and Keyan need stress for their abilities, and with opportunist, you get that and the possibility of 5 dice at range 3 with HLC. The Rookie is there to soak up damage and add a shot.

I would be so excited if I saw this list across the table. B wings just don't have good staying power. 

Also you're playing relatively high PS pilots and hoping your opponent's don't have tokens. I think you'd be better off running them both with PTL. And then use your remaining points to throw in someone with Draw Their Fire (since you can't get to Biggs with those points).

Edited by Bohrdumb

Yeah, opportunist isn't optimal. PTL is better. Maybe Ibit can use opportunist if she shoots at the same target Farlander shoots at, but that's still an unreliable way to cause stress. Even with Ibits ability, 1 reroll, with a 4 dice HLC shot you could roll multiple blanks. I'd rather rely on PTL to TL and focus with Ibit, you'll get 4 hits more often than with just 1 reroll. Use ibits ability on defense, or when you only get one blank on offense you can store the TL for later. I think it's more important to make all 4 dice hit than to add another dice. I have to think 4 TL+F dice are better than 5 focused dice, on average. The 5 dice does have a higher damage ceiling, with a lower floor.

And you just need to take a TL with Farlander, he'll want reroll support with 4 dice. Farlander also will rarely be shooting at a target with no tokens, he's going to shoot way to early to reliably do that. And if you do a red move to force the stress, you can't trigger opportunist if you already have stress, and you won't get an action either.

Here it is:

Rookie Pilot.

the idea behind this is that both ibtisam and Keyan need stress for their abilities, and with opportunist, you get that and the possibility of 5 dice at range 3 with HLC. The Rookie is there to soak up damage and add a shot.

I'd start by pulling off the HLCs. They can be effective and it's often very nice to have 1-2 in a list, but here I think you're focusing too much on your offense and not enough on defense--even 4X, which can struggle with staying power, is more durable.

The other problem is that while I love Opportunist on both Ibtisam and Keyan, I don't think they work together: Keyan can plausibly strip tokens for Ibtisam, which makes sure she can activate Opportunist, but Opportunist is far less likely to trigger on Keyan, and that means no stress and no way to activate his pilot ability.

That's 18 free points, and if you pull the Rookie, too--since it seems like he's just there as filler--that means you have 39 points, which is a nice bit of space. Keyan needs a way to get stress, so let's add PTL to him. That leaves 36 points, which is just enough to do this:

Keyan Farlander (29)

Push the Limit (3)

Ibtisam (28)

Opportunist (4)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Total: 100

tiefanatic and Pandademic like this

Here it is:

Rookie Pilot.

I'd start by pulling off the HLCs. They can be effective and it's often very nice to have 1-2 in a list, but here I think you're focusing too much on your offense and not enough on defense--even 4X, which can struggle with staying power, is more durable.

The other problem is that while I love Opportunist on both Ibtisam and Keyan, I don't think they work together: Keyan can plausibly strip tokens for Ibtisam, which makes sure she can activate Opportunist, but Opportunist is far less likely to trigger on Keyan, and that means no stress and no way to activate his pilot ability.

That's 18 free points, and if you pull the Rookie, too--since it seems like he's just there as filler--that means you have 39 points, which is a nice bit of space. Keyan needs a way to get stress, so let's add PTL to him. That leaves 36 points, which is just enough to do this:

Keyan Farlander (29)

Push the Limit (3)

Ibtisam (28)

Opportunist (4)

Total: 100

That's not a bad list, actually, i might try it. (Although i do want to get back to my Imperials).