Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gundamv

Why is the decimator more expensive than the yt-2400?

141 posts in this topic

I got mine in the UK from a place for the same price,

I am guessing they didn't realise so I got my order in early

Let's not besmirch ffg by accusing them of gw pricing, bare in mind ffg does not manufacture themselves or own the licence and we don't know how that effects prices.

Vimnock likes this

Let's not besmirch ffg by accusing them of gw pricing, bare in mind ffg does not manufacture themselves or own the licence and we don't know how that effects prices.

Selling cards that you need for tournament play in large ships that cost £25 basically for a card put them on par with GW, nothing wrong with that they are a company and they gotta make money!

Vimnock likes this

Okay you don't need the card you want the card those are different things, sure they are a business and want to sell stuff but they are a long way from GW style price gouging.

When the starter costs £70 and you need to buy holocron rebel alliance for £30 before you even have a game then the GW comparison becomes valid.

If your not happy with the price you can wait till it comes down a little in price on third party sites much like the tantive has, if it's just a card you want ebays an option.

You'll struggle to find a bigger moaner when it comes to GW and their prices my rants can be found on warseer, and on these forums I've openly said individual ships are a bit pricey, but given you can buy every model twice for both factions and still pay less than a single starting army  for 40k it's quite reasonable.

GW would never release a game where you spend £40 and have a tournament legal force. 

mazz0, Rybnick, haslo and 3 others like this

I wonder if it's got a little to do with the GW model of prices based on in game cost, high points value means less sold so higher price. 

Not all all, contrast E-wing and Z-95. The Decimator costs more because the model's so big they had to enlarge the box to fit it in. No other reason.

There could be a unrevealed spoiler that has something to do with the additional cost.  Maybe one pilot uses extra tokens or something

Hob,

There is a world of difference between tournament legal and tournament competitive, Magic tournament legal could be a $10 starter deck but no one would call it competitive.  GW is a higher buy in cost but the difference between legal and competitive is a lot smaller (army dependant) Xwing is somewhere inbetween

What likes this

There could be a unrevealed spoiler that has something to do with the additional cost.  Maybe one pilot uses extra tokens or something

I like this theory. :) Maybe it comes with spacetroopers! haha

Selling cards that you need for tournament play in large ships that cost £25 basically for a card put them on par with GW, nothing wrong with that they are a company and they gotta make money!

or the $90 for 1 card in c3p0, yeah **** that

Lilikin likes this

Hob,

There is a world of difference between tournament legal and tournament competitive, Magic tournament legal could be a $10 starter deck but no one would call it competitive.  GW is a higher buy in cost but the difference between legal and competitive is a lot smaller (army dependant) Xwing is somewhere inbetween

Not at all.... You can have a competitive list in this game for less than $130 easily even buying at MSRP, and probably even $100 if you so desired.  That is incredibly cheap for a minis game.  If you think $130 USD is a lot to spend to be competitive, at ANY game, you have a distorted sense of what expensive is.  If you buy from discounted places (like MM and the like) I think you can pretty easily be competitive at around $80.

General Mayhem likes this

or the $90 for 1 card in c3p0, yeah **** that

Sigh... I really hate this argument.  Okay, so don't buy it. C-3PO and Han (crew) you can easily live without.  If you decide to buy it, well then great, you got the cards you wanted, a new way to play the game, AS WELL AS A SWEET MODEL 

Seriously, constantly whining about this is just pathetic given how incredibly cheap this game is to play already.

JCDisaray, haslo, Futant420 and 7 others like this