randolph

echolocation (decloaking movement visualizer)

echolocation has been updated with TIE/sf, Countess Ryad, and TFA Millenium Falcon title (notes in first post)!

This is a great tool :) but everyone else already said so!

As a feature request, would it be possible to click on one of the ending positions to clear all other ending positions and being able to determine how to get to a given point? Since most of the times there is some overlap with some ending positions maybe it could be a good idea to keep all possible combinations which might take you to that point.

And again, really nice and useful tool!

Thanks! That's something that can be done in the v2 engine, but... don't hold your breath :unsure:

I really like this tool, but it seems like the movements are a bit off compared to the movement guides I've seen.  How accurate are the turns and banks?

I use millimeter radii of:

var rBank = [0, 80, 130, 180];
var rTurn = [0, 35, 63, 90];

As the official templates are cardboard, these are approximations based on averaged measurements as provided by various players.

Updated again to add voidstate's permalink idea (first post updated with changes).

I'd forgotten how awesome this is. Great work!

My suggestions:

SLAMing for K-Wings

Hashtag the current options in the URL so users can share a particular ship and set of options as a link.

Cheers

Thanks, glad you like it!

re: K-Wing SLAM, I added that back in October:

aHGdvij.png

If by any chance is there a way to toggle actions off for red maneuvers? I am trying to see the firing arc spread on the Star Viper but notice that when boost is on it also boosts after S-loops. I know it is not impossible (adrenaline rush) but I find it does distort the firing arc pattern a little.

Also I know this is a tall order but any ways to get a surface area value for firing arcs?

Gen Con 2016 update: ARC-170, Lancer-class Pursuit Craft, and Protectorate Starfighter added!

If by any chance is there a way to toggle actions off for red maneuvers? I am trying to see the firing arc spread on the Star Viper but notice that when boost is on it also boosts after S-loops. I know it is not impossible (adrenaline rush) but I find it does distort the firing arc pattern a little.

Also I know this is a tall order but any ways to get a surface area value for firing arcs?

1.0 isn't going to be able to handle total surface area calculation, but let me see what I can do about a "no actions on red" toggle.

Hey man. Kudos man. Quick Google search for what u want looking for and BAM there this is. Great job.

Can you please add daredevil. Would be great to see Snap Wexley's possibilities.

Edit: just read up and saw other requests for daredevil. Don't mean to bother you just got excited about your tool.

Edited by burningbush

14 hours ago, randolph said:

echolocation has received part 1 of the Wave 10 update - Quadjumper and TIE Striker. I'll update the first post after the rest of the wave is done.

Is there a way to do sabine's pilot ability on the attack shuttle?

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:53 AM, thespaceinvader said:

Is echolocation still being maintained, and/or is there a more up to date fork somewhere?

I'd love to be able to fiddle with movement patterns for the new StarViper stuff in particular, but mk2 barrel rolls aren't available :(

I was just trying to do this myself. Guessing it won't be updated at this point with second edition so close to release.