Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Explosive Ewok

KNOW YOUR PILOTS

79 posts in this topic

JAKE FARREL: The first time this guy stood out to me was when they used him in the PC game Rebel Assault, where he trains you to use an A-Wing. Fitting, as that's the ship he flies here.

Lando: Split up and head back to the surface. And see if you can get a few of those TIE Fighters to follow you.

Jake: Copy, Gold leader.

2po78r9.jpg

Isn't this Tycho, not Jake? In several of the X-wing books Wedge refers to Tycho and his bravery by saying he "led TIE fighters on a merry chase through the Death Star." This guy seems a rather perfect fit for Tycho... So why is it Jake?

Isn't this Tycho, not Jake? In several of the X-wing books Wedge refers to Tycho and his bravery by saying he "led TIE fighters on a merry chase through the Death Star." This guy seems a rather perfect fit for Tycho... So why is it Jake?

According to Wookieepedia, there were two A-wings that split off, and Tycho was in A-wing number 2. I don't know if we ever really see a visual of the pilot for the second one.

Also according to Wookieepedia, Tycho is supposed to be visible in the briefing room scene (gogo author retcons).

Edit: There may be some A-wing pilots in green flight suits on the left side of the briefing room, standing along the upper level railing. If you can identify a blonde/light brown haired pilot, that may be Tycho.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus

According to Wookieepedia, there were two A-wings that split off, and Tycho was in A-wing number 2. I don't know if we ever really see a visual of the pilot for the second one.

Also according to Wookieepedia, Tycho is supposed to be visible in the briefing room scene (gogo author retcons).

Edit: There may be some A-wing pilots in green flight suits on the left side of the briefing room, standing along the upper level railing. If you can identify a blonde/light brown haired pilot, that may be Tycho.

Go back one page, I had him there

The Emperor instructs "Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle for immediate takeoff" before leaving for Mustafar.

Assuming he remains the pilot, that means Kagi is the pilot when the Emperor's shuttle lands on the death star.

Odanan likes this

The Emperor instructs "Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle for immediate takeoff" before leaving for Mustafar.

Assuming he remains the pilot, that means Kagi is the pilot when the Emperor's shuttle lands on the death star.

Yeah, there's some inconsistency as to whether or not Kagi is a clone.

Some trivia book somewhere 'confirmed' he was a clone, yet there's a ROTS visual dictionary (I think that's what it's from) that shows a guy labelled Captain Kagi, and it wasn't a clone.

As much as I'd like to believe he isn't a clone, the fact that he's in Episode 3 and in the service of the Republic makes me think he might be. 

Is it just me, or does Katarn look a lot like Riker from TNG?

It has been a hidden fact that Commander Riker was onboard of the first destroyed Mon Calamari Cruiser in battle of Endor.

"Fire at Will, commander" were Emperor's exact words when he decided to terminate his career.

I hate to go all nerd and stuff but the picture for Ten Numb is wrong, that's Nien Numb. Ten Numb has a white flight suit.

Otherwise this is great! good job putting this together.

Loved this thread! Nice to finally put some faces to the beloved heroes in the game. Thanks!

I hate to go all nerd and stuff but the picture for Ten Numb is wrong, that's Nien Numb. Ten Numb has a white flight suit.

Otherwise this is great! good job putting this together.

Actually it is Ten. The white suit was a preproduction image that didn't make it to the final film. In the comics he wears white though.

Also Nien Nunb wears a red shirt and black vest, while Ten Numb is wearing red B-Wing flight gear.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ten_Numb

Go through all the old Decipher CCG cards. I've found quite a few pilots including Ten, both Zeds and Jendon to name a few.

Yes they do. In fact if they dont have a picture of the pilot, they might even have one of the ship they flew.

Edited by General Mayhem

Go through all the old Decipher CCG cards. I've found quite a few pilots including Ten, both Zeds and Jendon to name a few.

Yes they do. In fact if they dont have a picture of the pilot, they might even have one of the ship they flew.

This is totally true. Loved the game but it was also a fantastic way to keep 'profile' cards of tons of characters.

knavelead likes this

I think the wiki there is wrong. A lot of sources say it's Nien not Ten. There is even a back story to it about how Lando needed a co-pilot and Nien was picked for the job. Although that seems odd to me, why would they pull a B-Wing pilot out of the assault to co-pilot the Falcon ?  B-Wing pilots were pretty dang rare.

This is totally true. Loved the game but it was also a fantastic way to keep 'profile' cards of tons of characters.

I have a gigantic collection of swccg from decipher.. I also have this little gem... and mirax to boot. and all the star destroyers.. and all the mon cal ships.. and the entire rogue squadron.. and black squadron.. and .. blah .. blah ect..

mI2Nj0N_3YfCvbPwT8uBD4A.jpg

in case anyone is wondering: you can actually still get sealed booster boxes for pretty cheap online. only two expansions are somewhat expensive, DSII and ENDOR i think.

Edited by oddeye

Great thread!

What I'd also like to see is side-by-sides of Rebel pilots(call-signs?) and their droids.  Everyone knows Luke Skywalker (Red-5) & R2-D2 but what was the name of Wedge's droid... or Porkins'... or Dutch Vander's (Gold Leader)... etc...?

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

CAPTAIN KAGI: This is the first pilot that has been confirmed to come from the prequels. Something of major interest besides that, however, is that according to Wookieepedia, Captain Kagi is also a clone.

Palpatine: Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle for immediate take-off.

Amedda: Yes, master.

Palpatine: I sense Lord Vader is in danger...

1z5uadc.jpg

CAPTAIN OICUNN: Kagi, however, isn't the only pilot taken from the prequels. The upcoming Captain Oicunn, who will be one of three named pilots on the VT-49 Decimator, also makes an appearance in the film.

6svrsl.jpg

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

CAPTAIN JONUS: Lots of Captains! This guy is seen running along with Major Rhymer and some other pilots from Scimitar Squadron after the Executor decided to take a header into the Death Star.

o5c4lh.jpg

FEL'S WRATH: Everyone's number one favorite Interceptor pilot made his on-screen debut during Vader's arrival at the second Death Star.

154u3dg.jpg

MAJOR RHYMER: The other half of Captain Jonus and the Scimitars as they perform their smash hit "GTFO Before the Death Star Kills Us All".

slr8ee.jpg

REAR-ADMIRAL CHIRANEAU: Number two of three pilots taking the helm of the upcoming Decimator is this guy, also present for Vader's arrival at the Death Star.

2cfeezt.jpg

TURR PHENNIR: Following those pesky Rebels into the Death Star, Phennir ended up following the wrong group and making his way out of the battle station before it when boom.

b7crk9.jpg

Dark Horse Comics: Crimson Empire

CARNOR JAX: A part of Palpatine's Royal Guards, once the Death Star was destroyed, Jax was found to have force potential. After years of gaining political report, Jax made a move for the Imperial throne, but not before eliminating the Royal Guards.

2dlt16a.jpg

KIR KANOS: The lone survivor of Jax's Royal Guard purge. He was undeniably loyal to Palpatine's ideals, swearing an oath to bring all those who opposed Palpatine and those who were responsible for his demise to pay for their crimes.

2ijkcw1.jpg