Sign in to follow this  
Kairous

Starting Imperial, tips and tricks?

All you have to do is select a picture that you like, right click to view it, so that you get the web location, this will end in a JPG or PNG or whatever. Copy that web address, then open the image tab here and past that link into the image code window. When you publish your post the image will be linked and appear here. If you are trying to post an image that is protected by other tags like say on Facebook it will not work. You would have to be friends with the person to see that type or image. There is my completely not a techer explanation.

:lol:

Sure thing.

:)

And now back to what to get for the Empire.

TIE Fighters!

BlackSquadron_Battle_of_Yavin.png

Lots!

this will be me and my black squadron tomorrow night! mwhahahaha!

"Squad leaders, we've picked up a new group of signals. Enemy fighters coming your way."

500px-Delgoren.png

A "proper game" is 100 points per squadron.

I know you didn't attempt to marginalize the glory that is X-WING EPIC.

;)

I KNOW YOU DIDN'T...

I didn't. I was addressing the fact that the OP seemed to say that 60 points is a proper game.

In my defence that was what my mate defined as a proper game in relation to the fact we had only played games with the core set ;)

Well I ordered my ships and mat and I have made a list which I hope you guys won't mind having a look at?

Imperial Justice

Captain kagi - lambda class shuttle 27

Sensor jammer 4

Heavy laser cannon 7

Rebel captive 3

Mercenary copilot 2

Anti pursuit lasers 2

ST-321 3

Turr phennir - tie interceptor 25

Marksmanship 3

Academy pilot - tie fighter 12

Total - 100pts

I ordered the core set, tie fighter expansion, tie interceptor expansion and the lambda. I think I will need to pick up the firespray for the mercenary copilot card.

Once again many thanks for all the help and advice :)

;)

I KNOW YOU DIDN'T...

I didn't. I was addressing the fact that the OP seemed to say that 60 points is a proper game.

In my defence that was what my mate defined as a proper game in relation to the fact we had only played games with the core set ;)

Well I ordered my ships and mat and I have made a list which I hope you guys won't mind having a look at?

Imperial Justice

Sensor jammer 4

Heavy laser cannon 7

Rebel captive 3

Mercenary copilot 2

Anti pursuit lasers 2

ST-321 3

Marksmanship 3

Total - 100pts

I ordered the core set, tie fighter expansion, tie interceptor expansion and the lambda. I think I will need to pick up the firespray for the mercenary copilot card.

Have fun, and btw Welcome.

:)

;)

I KNOW YOU DIDN'T...

Imperial Justice

Sensor jammer 4

Heavy laser cannon 7

Rebel captive 3

Mercenary copilot 2

Anti pursuit lasers 2

ST-321 3

Marksmanship 3

Total - 100pts

Welcome to the righteous and honourable empire my friend:-)

Another lambda fan I see :-) :-) :-) Good man!

There are several schools of thought with the lambda which essentially boil down to; 1) tool it up (as you have done) or 2) use it as a "doom shuttle" (basic pilot + Vader crew slot). There's been plenty written/discussed about the lambda, some are hopeless romantics (like me) who just want it to work-look at it! It's an awesome ship! Others are realists (boo!) who see its inefficiencies especially in the smaller 100pt dogfight format. See link below as an example;

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4699

My one pearl of wisdom for the shuttle? If you are going to use it as anything other than a doom shuttle give it advanced sensors (look at it's dial-the number of times you are going to lose your action cos you have to use a red manoeuvre or clip something with its fat-ass base is frighteningly high. advanced sensors will allow you to take the focus/TL regardless:-)

And I agree with gundamv re soontir (although that's more of a personal taste thing as turr kicks ass too). On the interceptors always consider PtL as the focus+evade+barrel roll/boost combo is pretty kick-ass and shedding the stress next turn is pretty easy with an interceptor dial...

I appreciate the continued info and support my good sirs, the FFG community is as pleasant as I remembered it :D

I have a firespray on the way so I might need to rejiggle my squadron.

Again any advice is welcome.

Well, my fleet has increased in size slightly it now contains.
1x starter box
1x Tie expansion
1x interceptor expansion
1x lambda shuttle
1x firespray
1x imperial aces.

Now, im gonna meet up with my mate next week to try out the mission from imperial aces (the prototype). So, in short im looking for any advice on fleet builds, played quite a few games now but I always appreciate input from more experienced players.

My mate can field
1x starter set
1x Y Wing
1x Bwing

Cheers again for any input :)

;)

I KNOW YOU DIDN'T...

Imperial Justice

Sensor jammer 4

Heavy laser cannon 7

Rebel captive 3

Mercenary copilot 2

Anti pursuit lasers 2

ST-321 3

Marksmanship 3

Total - 100pts

Turr absolutely needs Veteran Instincts. No doubt about it. IMO the Lambda doesn't really need Anti-pursuit lasers, as normally when people try to block you, they do not run into the ship, they move so that you will hit them. Use those two points to upgrade to Soontir w/PTL.