Sign in to follow this  
arunwe2012

Hull Trauma and Personal Scale

Reading the rules about scale, it says "when dealing with a vessel's weapons, armor, and hull trauma threshold, every point is equal to ten points of the equivalent characteristic in the personal scale".

If a personal blaster fires to an airspeeder that has no armor and 2 ht, it has to deal at least 10 points of damage to deal 1 single point to the airspeeder, I get that. But I am confused regarding multiplying the ht x10 as well. In that case, the airspeeder will have 20 ht and if hit in the previous example, will have 19.

Is this the correct way? I've seen related posts and there's people that doesn't multiply the ht, increasing the possibilities of an airspeeder be taken down with a couple of good shots from a personal weapon.

No, the threshold is still 2. If you both divide the damage dealt by 10 and multiply the Hull threshold by 10 you are effectively dividing damage by 100. Which is a tad excessive.

And remember, you have to exceed the Hull threshold to bring the vehicle down, not just match it.

I think you're double-dipping.

If you multiply the Hull Trauma by ten, then you've done your job. If you divide the personal scale damage by 10, then you've done your job. If you do both, then you've gone too far and are way over-powering the vehicle scale stuff and/or under-powering the personal scale.

Think about it like this: your blaster pistol does 3 damage on a personal scale. Your speeder's turbolaser does 3 damage on a vehicle scale. It's not that the blaster really does 0.3 damage, it's that the turbolaser really does 30. It's just simplified in the book because it's expected most combat will be between scale-appropriate things.

No, the threshold is still 2. If you both divide the damage dealt by 10 and multiply the Hull threshold by 10 you are effectively dividing damage by 100. Which is a tad excessive.

And remember, you have to exceed the Hull threshold to bring the vehicle down, not just match it.

Yes, exceeding hull threshold, i have to remember that. So HT would be still 2. Thank you all!

Edited by arunwe2012