Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Boss Red Seven

THE BLACK SUN COMETH!

250 posts in this topic

Honestly none of the SW:Galaxies contributions excited me design-wise. None of the Hutt/Black sun fighters seemed that impressive and the Imperial TIEs are at best, a joke. How many ways can you hack up a TIE Advanced and add other parts on it from kits that aren't even from Star Wars?

I suppose the Kiraxz is kind of neat, but change the name please.

Until I see some concrete evidence from FFG pointing to a third faction, I'm gonna remain skeptical. I'd still like to see more imperial/rebel craft over some strange third-party contributions. My hope is on a space platform and/or campaign kit to equal the CR90.

Joe Boss Red Seven and z0m4d like this

I hope they don't make a 3rd faction..

More imperial ships? Yes please

why not a third faction ? i mean i love imperium but if the pirates come out iam switching sides just sayin. it has nothing to do with my avatar and my one eye i do own ^^ ;P

Edit: SO PLEASE FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES PIMP MY X:WING WITH A THIRD FACTION AND GET MA MONEY ( pimp my ride mtv parody muwahha) but seriously give me a third faction O.o

Edited by SoulCrusherEx

What's wrong with dividing the good and the bad? Why do we need a third faction, instead of something like expansions with dual-faction bases (Empire generic/ace, rebel generic/ace). Really, Fett (and Solo?) establish FFG's stance on "independents".

Besides I'd rather FFG didn't divert attention to some third party that may not be interesting when it's actually implemented. I'd rather keep to two of each wave instead of diverting. That way we'd get to the awesome fighters (like the Gunboat, Avenger) much quicker. As cool as it would be to have six ships in each wave, dropping wave 5 down to 2 ships is kinda concerning that 6 ships per wave just can't be done. And again, would rather see more rebels and Imperials than pirates.

z0m4d likes this

So, the OP is the logo from an event FFG ran 14 months ago, a very generic logo from the universe and a few pictures taken from a SW computer game.

I ask again, what is the purpose of this thread?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4012

Edited to fix date error

It's the internet, the only place where purpose is counterproductive. :)

in answer to your question: 42 (the only answer that makes always sense)

Edited by Asgo

Kihraxz, Rihkxyrk and Dunelizard. All of those ships first came out in Star Wars Galaxies for the Freelance Faction. You are missing the Scyk, seen on the Intimidate upgrade card coming with the VT-49.

I know I could of posted ten other ships like Houndstooth and other Hutt stuff.

I was just getting us going, rather than doing a complete list of what we may see.

:)

SoulCrusherEx likes this

I have no idea what this thread us supposed to be saying.

I am saying that WHEN THE BLACK SUN FACTION IS RELEASED, I hope the three ships pictured in my initial post are included in that wave, because I like them very much....

Clear now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So, the OP is the logo from an event FFG ran 2 months ago, a very generic logo from the universe and a few pictures taken from a SW computer game.

I ask again, what is the purpose of this thread?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4012

I think I may be the reason this thread started.

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/108686-imperial-huge-shipsim-calling-it/page-13

What I wrote on post #246. It wasn't concerning a new faction, per se, just in talks of the (possible) upcoming Imperial epic ship.

At least I assume that's what this is from, considering Joe's response on that thread and then 15 minutes later starting this one.

Yeah I have been hearing stuff for a while, and meaning to make a little posting. You kind of kicked me into doing it in a flash of fun inspiration with your posting.

Well eventually they will run out of imp and rebel ships to release which gives two options add more factions or add prequel ships, and I'd much rather have more factions than prequel ships.

Yeah the old fart brigade refuses to see the future. They want to stay in the 70's and 80's.

We know our Cannon they say... yet they will happily have rebels fighting rebels like that is normal and good solid cannon, rather than have a third wonderful faction.

For me and others it is so much inspiration for mirth at their stupid noggin expense.

<_<

Left to these schmucks this wonderful game would fizzle because they would  keep it as a silly little WWII game with ten ships tops, because that is what they remember from thirty years ago.

:rolleyes:

Oh well... what can you do for 'em?

Nuttin... nuttin at all.

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven
corsair117 likes this

I love the enthusiasm Joe!

Personally speaking, whether it's Epic scale ships, new factions, ground-based combat, obstacles, objectives, whatever, I'm just looking forward to seeing where our amazing game goes next.

I love me some Gecko!

:lol:

When you commin over so we can play a few dozen games?

:D

Yeah the love for STAR WARS IS STRONG.

:wub:

I am saying that WHEN THE BLACK SUN FACTION IS RELEASED, I hope the three ships pictured in my initial post are included in that wave, because I like them very much....

Clear now?

Personally I think the light blacksun fighter looks an awful lot like an E-wing with some extra stuff in that diagonal looking shot from the top, and even the top down

The medium Hutt ship doesn't look terrible but it almost reminds me of an A-9 Vigilance 

Clear now?

Personally I think the light blacksun fighter looks an awful lot like an E-wing with some extra stuff in that diagonal looking shot from the top, and even the top down

The medium Hutt ship doesn't look terrible but it almost reminds me of an A-9 Vigilance 

Yeah that is one of the things that I love about these, they are STAR WARS ships.

I'm all for a third faction. I'm all for four factions.

The Rihkxyrk-class and Kihraxz-class are pretty sweet.

There could be a hint of the Black Sun in one of the expansion packs. The disabled ships of Mission 6 are AEG-77 Vigos, another nice ship.

I'd like to see the:

Kihraxz-class (small ship: light attack/swarm)

AEG-Vigo (large ship: 360°)

Nimbus-class (small ship: general purpose)

Conqueror-class (large ship)

StarViper-class (small ship)

Supa Fighter ship (small ship: tank)

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Supa Fighter ship

It's not a comment on your choices, but apparently there really is something called a "Supa Fighter". Every time I think the EU can't surprise me with something dumb, it scrapes something new up from the bottom of the barrel...

I am an EU fan, but I have to admit, Supa Fighter sounds like something flown by a 40k Ork

Edited by Audio Weasel

Supa Fighter ship

It's not a comment on your choices, but apparently there really is something called a "Supa Fighter". Every time I think the EU can't surprise me with something dumb, it scrapes something new up from the bottom of the barrel...

But is it really Supa?

Supa Fighter ship

But is it really Supa?

Supa-Ugly...IMO!

I want this...

snoopycard_zps3d27d12f.png

In actuality it should treat all hard right turns as greens and all hard lefts as reds (or be incapable of making hard left turns) - the Camel's rotary engine gave it a strong right-turn bias, not left.

This has been your Annoyingly Nitpicky Historical Lesson of the Day. Enjoy!

PS - any Wings of Glory players here? 

Sideslip, meekor, Bilisknir and 1 other like this

So Black Sun is the obvious option for a new faction, not that I know personally, but I'm curious does the Star Wars universe contain enough to create a faction for the Chiss?  Because I would love that!

(Even though the Chiss don't technically exist anymore  :( )