Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oddeye

Petition for new forum sub sections

62 posts in this topic

Imagine being able to come here and just see artwork and inspiring models and blogs about terrain and custom ships?

We want this because we love the visual esthetic of Star Wars X-Wing!

:wub:

Hey! maybe if we turn this thread into a meme war between star trek and star wars more people will start posting.. or another thread about stay on target.. that might work too.

star_wars_versus_star_trek_by_trueinnova

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Imagine being able to come here and just see artwork and inspiring models and blogs about terrain and custom ships?

Hey! maybe if we turn this thread into a meme war between star trek and star wars more people will start posting.. or another thread about stay on target.. that might work too.

The Star Trek people included Neelix in their group. They automatically lose...the fact that he's in a Starfleet uniform as well is just shame icing on top of the loss cake.

oddeye likes this

Why is this needed?

because anyone who have been a regular visitor to these forums sees the high number of posts causes bumping of everything off the front page making it hard to find discussion threads even after 2-3days!

yes sir! so true.. and not to mention the same re hashing of the same 4 stereotypical posts ever 2-3 days as well..

The Star Trek people included Neelix in their group. They automatically lose...the fact that he's in a Starfleet uniform as well is just shame icing on top of the loss cake.

lol. yeah thats about as bad as you can get...

unless you compare star wars spoof to star treks..

star trek has galaxy quest.. sigh. includes tool man, monk and that snake dude from harry potter..

galaxy_quest_cast.jpg

EDIT: ok. I have to mention ripley.. they do have riply from aliens.. that does count for something.

Star wars on the other hand has... drum roll: Space Balls. All time family classic! John candy.. dad from honey i shrunk the kids (and wierd neighbor guy from ghostbusters) john candy.. mel brooks, that dude who makes all the noise from police acadamy, hey did i mention john candy? Mr. rental and Mr. coffee also make an appearance.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by oddeye

I propose the additional "Complaining about new cards and how they break the game" Subforum. That way we can let those people have their own space where we can ignore them.

oddeye and haslo like this

I want two subforums:

1. Fix The TIE Advanced Subforum

2. We Need More Subforums Subforum

haha so true. reminds me of..

more cowbell!

"you're really going to want more cowbell"!

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/536145

you know, we could just hijack one of the other subforums and just start posting painting and modding posts in it.

just in case you can't see the video...

snl-walken-prescription-gotta-have-more-

There have been so many threads asking for subforums, advanced fixes, imperial huge ships, next wave speculation, etc...   it would almost be funny if simultaneously someone went and necro'd every Star Destroyer thread at the same time... and it would look like there were 27 active threads about a given topic

oddeye likes this

There have been so many threads asking for subforums, advanced fixes, imperial huge ships, next wave speculation, etc...   it would almost be funny if simultaneously someone went and necro'd every Star Destroyer thread at the same time... and it would look like there were 27 active threads about a given topic

sooo.. what you are saying is we all team up at a certain zulu time and covertly bump every thread we can find on new subforums possibly getting our accounts banished from the land while completing our dangerous life threatening yet heroic mission to save the forums?

I'm in.

I feel like i could take on the whole empire myself..

1fc9417f0296eca6027d6b649df6e271ff2d0893

AtomicFryingPan likes this

What we need is that the main general forum simply has all the posts from all the sub forums. (along with a cool nifty high tech ability for logged in users to select which subforums dont get on their general forum view.  ex.  I dont want to read rule reports and bat reps unless i go look for them, so they stay in the subforum only.  but i want to see painting and tie advanced fixes, so they get mixed into the general forum.)

Blam.  Can't be that hard to program right??? 

Bump for a painting forum vote.  That's one that I've always wanted to see separated so I could browse through them much quicker when looking for inspiration.

oddeye likes this

painting forum is now my favorite i think.. it would be really great to have one place to browse custom paint jobs before selecting a color scheme. I'm about to repaint my x wings..

of course that would be to convienient.. sigh.

You know if we just keep posting in this thread every couple of days biding our time sooner or later this post will have the most posts and views. bound to get noticed. Hey has anyone pm'd a moderator? does anyone know one? sure when emperor palpatine goes postal the moderators are all over it.. classic.

well at least we have this:

spaceballs-ftw_o_816757.jpg

Edited by oddeye