Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkokura

Getting in to the game - used collections?

31 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm looking to get into the game. Is there any place to find used collections from people looking to get out? I'm not wanting all the ships, or a huge collection, but if people have extras, I'd be interested in picking them up.

Jacob

Lol, Wonder, having read a few of your posts I have to say; you do amuse:-)

And I am also nonplussed on the whole "getting out" thing... :-/

And finally-I have heard of one person selling all his xwing stuff off to concentrate on attack wing (I can't comment-I've never played it). Ok who am I kidding-THE CRACKPOT!!! (Wish I'd been aware he was selling-I'd've gobbled them up).

So, yeah, anyway, in response Jacob-it's theoretically possible but I wouldn't count on it being a regular source...

There are however a number of online suppliers who sell at ~£9-10 per fighter rather than £12 RRP so if pennies are tight this could be an option. Another pearl of wisdom is - be particular. Collect one faction at a time and check out which ships suit your style the most...

You probably won't find many folks here who are looking to get out of the game, but if you ask around your local game stores you may find some.  When I first started playing one store was selling a fairly large amount of ships on consignment for a guy at a pretty good discount.

eBay has them popping up pretty frequently. I would actually add up the price per ship when buying a used collection, as it may be cheaper to order the same amount through miniaturemarket.com.

Radarman5 likes this

The game is still relatively new (about 1.7 years old).   I doubt you will find many options for used sets at great discount. 

If you are willing to monitor EBay - there may be some at times.  But at best, they are around 60-70% of the retail price.   A few on-line stores - have new ones for the same discounted rate.   There are occassional sales also that have 50% off of certain ships.  Those are your best options. 

if you go to ebay and search with the words x-win, miniature, and lot, you should get a decent number of results from people selling collections, but as for the math to see if its a good deal, for every small ship, count 10 dollars, for every large ship count 20, and if they have the huge ships, call tantive 60, and transport 40. 

when you add it all up, thats the price you would be paying on miniature market for the same ships but new, and if it was over 100, miniature market gives free shipping to all states other than Alaska and Hawaii so make sure to consider how much the ebay shipping is if you live in the states. 

So compare the prices, and ask yourself if its enough of a difference to justify used over new, if it is go for it.  As of two days ago, there were a couple of very well priced lots that would save you 40 dollars or so for a lot of almost 20 ships, so there are some good deals, but there are also some lots that are charging more than miniature market.

He is wanting used models for little or no money...

and you know what he meant!

:D

Ignore The Greene he likes to F%*@ with new people.

:lol:

That's patently false. I like to mess with everyone.

:o:huh::lol:

... and F%*@ you for not posting in my Hans Birthday Topic!!!

:P

UnfairBanana likes this

and you know what he meant! :D

Ignore The Greene he likes to F%*@ with new people. :lol:

Reported.

UnfairBanana likes this

and you know what he meant! :D

Ignore The Greene he likes to F%*@ with new people. :lol:

Reported.

Maybe send a PM to Emperor Palpatine...

Beat me to it.

Now that's just cruel

Nah, that's poetic.

Someone get in just after someone got out... the circle of life.

You see collections on ebay but you really need to pay attention to what they are selling (you want them to be complete) but also the price.  I mean you may see someone trying to see a fighter for $40 but that is just plain stupid when you could buy that same fighter, new, for a $15 MSRP;  you may need to wait a little for restocking or look around but never pay an inflated price for figures for this game.

Guy at my venue apparently managed to score a lot with something like 3 starter sets, 4-5 large ships, and a few small ship expansions for around $100 off eBay.

You could consider that, because maybe you want to get the new ships, it not so expensive and some store even have offers, maybe you could check in Miniaturemarket or Coolstuff, greettings.

Thanks for the fun and the answers guys.

I live in Canada, so all of your suggestions are mitigated by shipping. StarlitCitadel in Canada is a good option, because they offer free shipping in Canada if you order more than $150, but I wondered if there was a decent market for used ships. Doesn't appear to be, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks again, and if anyone is interested in helping me out with getting into the game, I appreciate it.

Jacob