Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crabbok

The New TIE Swarm

30 posts in this topic

The TIE Swarm has more TIEs, 8 is the magical number, others are good squads but not TIE Swarms, greettings

Just want to give a definition of a swarm -  In 100pt game, a swarm is 5 or more ships of the same type.   Thus, it is possible to have a swarm with some other ship types (depending on the point values of the swarm ships).

Nah. A swarm is when you have a large number of small ships on the squad. It doesn't have to all be the same. I mean, 3 As and 4 Zs is certainly a swarm. 5 Bounty Hunters in Epic is not.

That sounds fair, with the exception of "large number".   That is just too subjective. 

Might we say this - A swarm for a 100pt squad consists of 6 or more small ships of the same fraction, regardless of ship type.

Nah. 5 X-Wings would be a Swarm too(Hell, 4 Phantoms feels like a swarm of very large hornets). It's a playstyle thing more than anything else.

Nah. 5 X-Wings would be a Swarm too(Hell, 4 Phantoms feels like a swarm of very large hornets). It's a playstyle thing more than anything else.

So by your definition 2 small ships can be considered a swarm, because my playing style says it is....

As far as the game goes, I have always considered a swarm to be 5 or more ships.  even if different types.  

I played a guy with 2 X's, 2 Y's, and a B.  It was certainly Swarmy.  Doesn't have to all me the same ship, but if it IS the same ship, you distinguish it by calling it a "Shiptype" Swarm, IE a TIE Swarm, or a Z-95 Swarm.  

As far as the game goes, I have always considered a swarm to be 5 or more ships.  even if different types.  

I played a guy with 2 X's, 2 Y's, and a B.  It was certainly Swarmy.  Doesn't have to all me the same ship, but if it IS the same ship, you distinguish it by calling it a "Shiptype" Swarm, IE a TIE Swarm, or a Z-95 Swarm.  

That is a nice way of looking at it. I agree with you.

So by your definition 2 small ships can be considered a swarm, because my playing style says it is....

If they feel like their everywhere at once, then sure. Your search for a definition to a flexible term is futile.