Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Urrgok

What's the word on the Tie Advanced?

106 posts in this topic

Hi all, new player on the forum. Looks like a great place to learn about the game. I got myself a Tie Advanced just recently, but haven't tried it out yet (been busy repainting it). Seems like it's not a very popular ship. What is there to say about it?

It is overpriced.

There are ships better at any role you assign it in your fleet that are WAY more cost efficient.

Vader is the only viable pilot, and he is still expensive for a two attack dice ship.

For more info, use the search function at the top of the page.

Edited by Veldrin

Rebel aces will help as a new proton missile is added, but most of us expect the tie avenger to come out with something that will improve advanced like aces improves the a-wing.

Danthrax likes this

Some speculate a future Battle of Yavin package that includes a Y-Wing and TIE-Advanced repaints, upgrade cards, and a cost fix card like the Chaardan Retrofit (-2 cost but takes the missile slot, A-Wing only) that will come with the Rebel Aces pack this quarter. However, this may be nothing more than wishful thinking. There's been no official announcement to suggest a Battle of Yavin pack or TIE Advanced repaint is on the way.

Some speculate a future Battle of Yavin package that includes a Y-Wing and TIE-Advanced repaints, upgrade cards, and a cost fix card like the Chaardan Retrofit (-2 cost but takes the missile slot, A-Wing only) that will come with the Rebel Aces pack this quarter. However, this may be nothing more than wishful thinking. There's been no official announcement to suggest a Battle of Yavin pack or TIE Advanced repaint is on the way.

I'd love to see the TIE Advanced, Y-Wing and HWK-290 revamped in this way. As it now stands, the point cost to field one is too steep to strongly consider in any 100 point build.

The TIE Advanced still stinks. I've tried desperately to make it work, but for the points, I'd rather have anything else. Firespray comes in slightly more than Vader and lasts much longer. Phantom and Defender are more cost effective.

I hope the Advanced gets attention because it was worse than the A-Wing and much worse than the B-Wing (why did that need attention and not the Y-Wing?).

The TIE Advanced still stinks. I've tried desperately to make it work, but for the points, I'd rather have anything else. Firespray comes in slightly more than Vader and lasts much longer. Phantom and Defender are more cost effective.

I hope the Advanced gets attention because it was worse than the A-Wing and much worse than the B-Wing (why did that need attention and not the Y-Wing?).

Oh please, let's open that can of worms again.

Red Castle likes this

Oh please, let's open that can of worms again.

Figures... for the past few months, as soon as FFG doesn't give us some news for more than one week, a new thread appear saying that the Tie Advanced needs to be fix or that the B-Wing didn't need the Ace treatment, bonus point if it includes both...

Well, I would say that the two crew in the Rebel Aces pack were made more for the HWK than for the B-wing. I mean, the synergy between Kyle and Jan is great. Kyle is awesome while Jan is piloting, because Jan will be stressing every turn, so you will be trying to shed the stress every turn. And Jan works great with Kyle, since Kyle is the focus factory, so it gives him some additional versatility. I just don't see them being used on B-wings very much.

admat likes this

Well, I would say that the two crew in the Rebel Aces pack were made more for the HWK than for the B-wing. I mean, the synergy between Kyle and Jan is great. Kyle is awesome while Jan is piloting, because Jan will be stressing every turn, so you will be trying to shed the stress every turn. And Jan works great with Kyle, since Kyle is the focus factory, so it gives him some additional versatility. I just don't see them being used on B-wings very much.

I don't really see any crew being used on B-Wings, not just yet.

I don't really see any crew being used on B-Wings, not just yet.

Well, maybe in Epic, where you have a bit more points to play around with.

Hi all, new player on the forum. Looks like a great place to learn about the game. I got myself a Tie Advanced just recently, but haven't tried it out yet (been busy repainting it). Seems like it's not a very popular ship. What is there to say about it?

Wait til August...

Generally it's overpriced for what you get. However Vader with Daredevil, proton rockets and an engine upgrade is arguably the most maneuverable ship in the game and packs a vicious punch and clocks in at 39 points.

Rob Jedi likes this

Yes, the HWK is cheap. But it requires soooo many upgrades to be worth using.  That being said I've seen it work well in Epic games

Yeah in Epic it will fill it's support role much better than in X-Wing, just because more ships can benefit from it.

Wait til August...

What's happening in August?

Crabbok likes this

Gencon. Where FFG will unveil something nice and juicy.

I mean, almost certainly yes--out of habit, if nothing else. But do you (meaning Crabbok) have a line on something in particular, or is this more "I know a guy who says he knows a guy who totally knows what FFG is doing next, but I can't say who he is"?

Crabbok likes this

Not these threads again!

Their back!

Noooooooo!

(Why do I keep reading them? :P )

Because like me you want to fly the Tie Advanced

Vader, his my number one sith

Im having FUN with

Darth Vader (29)

Outmaneuver (3)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 36

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

thinking of swaping Outmaneuver for Predator

also looking at this "you cant catch me" list for fun

Darth Vader (29)

Outmaneuver (3)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Soontir Fel (27)

Push the Limit (3)

"Echo" (30)

Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

admat likes this

Gencon. Where FFG will unveil something nice and juicy.

I mean, almost certainly yes--out of habit, if nothing else. But do you (meaning Crabbok) have a line on something in particular, or is this more "I know a guy who says he knows a guy who totally knows what FFG is doing next, but I can't say who he is"?

Lets just say that I have an awfully good idea on what is coming because I have mutant powers of precognition. 

Edited by Crabbok
muirman and Veldrin like this