Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Engine25

If you could put a pilot into any other ship...

42 posts in this topic

So I was tinkering with lists and I had a thought: what if I could strip a pilot's special card ability and put it on a pilot in any other ship?

At the time I had Porkins' pilot card in my hand and I thought, what if this ability came on a pilot in Imperial Aces? It would definitely fit with the high risk, high reward theme in the set. An interceptor that can Push the Limit after a K-turn, and still conceivably fly away without a stress. The risk? Taking a hull damage every time you attempt. Most of the time you'll be fine, sometimes the dice will do what they do. Not sure I'd compete with it, but it would definitely be fun! I'd guess it would cost 24-25 points.

What ship/pilot combo do you think would be fun? Awesome? Too good? How would you load it out? How much would it cost?

Edited by Engine25

Ooh, that would be good. Since you'd take the action two times, would you get to have an ally take a target lock each time? Maybe that's why they won't put a crew slot on a y-wing.

Ya vader would definetly pop up somewhere. Boba fett's abillity would probably work much more often on a smaller base ship, though you wouldnt be using a rear arc of course. Biggs ability in a tie advanced could actually make use of the fact that for the pts the tie advanced is survivable as hell. Any of the hwk abilites on a ship that had more teeth would be great of course, but that's the point of the hwk, super support. 

Dutch in a shuttle with FCS and Weapons engineer. Target locks for everyone!!

Ooh, that would be good. Since you'd take the action two times, would you get to have an ally take a target lock each time? Maybe that's why they won't put a crew slot on a y-wing.

I doubt you'd get to pass two each time, but I like the FCS idea. Also, if you could put a gunner on Dutch, you'd get to pass three a turn.

berusplants likes this

I don't see any reason why, certainly in casual games, you couldn't swap pilot abilities around. I mean, why couldn't Wedge or Luke fly an A-Wing or a HWK.

I know some players will say it won't be balanced, but I'm not talking tournament conditions, and I don't think the OP is either.

This now inspires me to work out the points cost of Wedge in The Falcon!! .......... Ouch!

Engine25 likes this

Soontir Fel is Vader in an Interceptor but better, because he is potentially performing three actions. 

Howlrunner in an E-Wing... for the Z swarm. 

Really! I want Vader in anything else, except maybe a TIE.

I would like Luke, wedge or Biggs in an E-wing.

Howelrunner in a Firespray or maybe a decimator

Any body else in a Firespray or a defender

Jonus in a Tie Fighter

Soontir, Turr or Jax in a Firespray

Vader in a Tie Bomber

Howlrunner in a Tie Bomber or Advanced

Backstabber, Night Beast, or Dark Curse in a Tie Interceptor

Royal Guard Tie Bomber (for the PS & EPT)

I absolutely agree with Maarek Stele in a TIE Defender, if only because that's how it should be. I played entirely too much of the old TIE Fighter game back in the old days and Stele in a TIE Defender is as iconic as Vader in a TIE Advanced.

Wedge in a Z-95. I love the ship, but I really wish there was an equivalent to the "roll extra attack dice" TIE fighters to give it a little help with those high-agility targets.