Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uopo

Three Tanks (Defender - BH - Defender)

7 posts in this topic

Now that I received my wave IV shps, I'm trying to sort out a couple decent builds involving Defenders and Phantoms.

Yesterday night I gave Echo a first try and despite all the wrong manouvres (I made a terrible mess with cloack and decloack) I won against BBEZZ...maybe thanks to Howlrunner, 3 Ties and swarm tactics, joining Echo (VI+ACD) on the table.

As you can imagine, after giving Echo a chance, now I desperately want to try Defenders. I've came up with this build in order to see if three ships can stand in front of rebels. 

Naked Defender x2 (60)

Bounty Hunter + HLC (40)

No tactics or sophisticated manouvres. Just go straight in the middle of the field, then pass through your opponent's ships and take advantage with the white koiogran and the rear fire arc of the firespray. Could it work?

All critics are welcome (even the ones concerning my english...I'm italian).

Ciao uopo! Il tuo inglese è bene!

That looks like a decent build to me. I ran 2x Delta's with Stealth Device and a Bounty Hunter to good effect. The Delta's get a bit more defense from the 4 green dice. But I like the HLC on the Bounty Hunter, I will have to give it a try!

I would rather have the HLC on one of the Defenders. Of course he'll probably target it first. But I think you'll get more firing opputunity with it on a Defender. 75% of the shots I take with a FS are from its rear arc.

Rakky Wistol and PS10 like this

I'd put the heavy laser cannon on a defender rather than a Firespray. The defender is much better at keeping targets in the primary during arc than the Firespray.