Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharVell

Should I buy two phantoms?

31 posts in this topic

I agreed to buy a headhunter( my second) and a Phantom from a friend's ebay store, but tomorrow I planned to buy a Phantom from a venue I play X-wing at but rarely purchase from.

Should I stick with getting a Phantom? Or get an A-wing, Interceptor, a second Y-wing or a third X-wing?

I'd say the Phantom, yes. Game changing ship currently very popular, and rightly so. Extra Interceptors are available in the Imperial Aces set, as will an extra A-Wing (and B-Wing) in the Rebel Aces set in a few months. If you have two X-Wings, maybe they're from the base set and the expansion? If you have two base sets, then the X-Wing expansion is a must in my opinion. You could get another X-Wing from the Rebel Transport expansion too.

Edited by admat

I have the starter box X-Wing and the Transport X-wing.

I'll be getting Rebel aces for sure, that's why I'll hold off on another B-Wing.

Anyone ran 2 phantoms yet?

Running two Phantoms is an order of magnitude more complex than running one, but it's a lot of fun. Building around it can be a hassle, though, since each (named) Phantom will cost you 35-40 points.

You can run one or both as a generic, though, but that's a very different experience and, uh... let's say it's not one I've mastered yet.

Ravncat likes this

Yes, I have two for Epic play, Personally (I am no Pro) they are too many points in a 100pt game for 2 as I feel you need something for the enemy to waste their shots at while you flank

EvilEd209 likes this

2 sigmas and 2 ptl royal guards is a fun list, though not incredibly good -   and 3 shadow's with acd and FCS at 99 points is fun.. 

I believe the Phantom can be a good ship to have two of but if you don't have the X-Wing expansion that probably should be a higher priority.

admat likes this

Buy the X-Wing expansion to get Wedge. You should have Wedge.

This is what i was going to say.  I don't think you need a second phantom, at least right away.  Having 1 gives you lots of options.  If you ever play imperials and don't already have the TIE expansion (with Howlrunner), that should be a higher priority, too. 

As stated above numerous times yes a second Phantom is nice but you really should get the X-Wing Expansion first.

Yes Wedge is that good. Wedge plus Wes with Veteran Instincts and Biggs is even better...

admat likes this

Thanks for the input.

Right now I have 7 rebel ships to 5 Imperial, so I was leaning toward Imperial. I have the 2 starter TIES, the bomber, firespray, and the one phantom on the way.

I was considering the Interceptor, would the Howlrunner TIE be a better choice?

Thanks for the input.

Right now I have 7 rebel ships to 5 Imperial, so I was leaning toward Imperial. I have the 2 starter TIES, the bomber, firespray, and the one phantom on the way.

I was considering the Interceptor, would the Howlrunner TIE be a better choice?

I'd say the Empire is well behind the Rebels and that's without knowing what Rebel ships you have.  Wish I could just change that TIE Bomber to the Fighter or Interceptor expansions as I believe both of those do better as a whole.

Now considering your ships the Interceptor would be a better choice right now.  Howlrunner is nice but she's nicest when running with swarms and the two T/F you have now are barely a good start on even a mini-swarm.