Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gundamv

Double of which big ship?

30 posts in this topic

Assuming that I now have one each of the Falcon, the Firespray, and the Shuttle, and supposing that I could add an extra copy of one of the three ships, which one should I get doubles of?

The Falcon

The Firespray

The Shuttle

None of the above

Firespray.  2 x BH is a great foundation for a list.  Add a Shuttle, or TIEs, or Interceptors to taste, or upgrade to Firespray named pilots and pimp out with whatever upgrades you like...

Vorpal Sword likes this

I use engine upgrades more than stealth devices, so I'd go with another YT-1300. No Named X-Wing should have to do without boost.

But both double Firespray and double YT-1300 lists are reasonable, so you can't really go wrong.

No matter how much players rave about the Shuttle, I've never been willing to try more than one at a time in a squad.

Shuttle has some great upgrades, and two of them in Epic play has worked very well for me. They're slow-moving strafing workhorses with 10 HP for 21 points (OGP) who rarely get focused on in the beginning. They're also the cheapest Ion Cannon platform the Imperials have at 24 points.

Firespray, because even though dual "Falcon" is a fun list and can still be effective, I think the Dual Firespray lists are more varied and versatile.

Also, once the Outrider comes out, I doubt people will want to run Dual falcons as much as a Falcon/Outrider combo.

A good thing at this point about a second Falcon is more Engine upgrades..but you rarely need more than 2 of those in a list anyways.

Not the Falcon.

I have two Firesprays and 2 Shuttles. Both are easy to fit into a good list, while 2 Falcons requires a Dual Falcon List or ORSs. I would go with Firespray 2 first, as it gives you an extra gunner, an Extra VI, and double Bounty hunter is great fun.

haslo likes this

Any of them depending on what you want to do with it.

Of course you rarely see two or more YT's used but they can certainly make "different" squadron.  Shield, and more importantly Engine, Upgrades are also useful other places.

I'd venture that you see more double Firespray builds than any of the others.  They are that good and the Stealth Device is a popular upgrade that you may want on many ships.

The Shuttle is the easiest to field in multiples because it is the cheapest but it may also be the hardest to learn how to fly.  Furthermore, to make the most of multiples you often want the upgrades found on other ships.  If you can fit it there are many ways to put two Shuttles in a squadron and having more Advanced Sensors seems to be popular.

firespray for sure

dual firespray lists are forces to be reckoned with and the extra stealth devices will surely come in handy more than engine upgrades will

shuttle is also a viable option as it has few single upgrade cards that are only available to it and i've seen the shuttle used very effectively in pairs and even triples

though i myself will never own more than one shuttle.. i proudly own 3 firesprays

With no doubt Firespray-31, YT-1300 and Lambda Class shuttle are too dificult to manouver and with two are colide too much and sometimes one is get too much far away from battle left you with only one, greettings.

Hold on!  Sometimes the plan with two YTs IS to run them into each other.  As for "maneuverability" the YT gets speed 1 turns vs. speed 3 on the Firespray and may not have as many greens but otherwise it is just as maneuverable.

You're going to get a lot of people saying "Firespray" but double and triple shuttle is just finally catching on.  I'd still get a second firespray over shuttle for the moment (If I didn't already have access to them) if I was new to the game. 

I think more Shuttles, as they are cheap ( point wise ), energy efficient ( as they don't move too fast and can even stop ) have lots of imagined leg room and really have some fun upgrade options. If they ever got a mod to let them turn even faster then pimped up engines, or a rear fire arc of some kind, I don't think I'd ever fly another ship. As is, now and again I have to feel the need for squint based speed.

Edited by AngryAngel