Sign in to follow this  
Nataris

Clone Trooper 21-0408

A.K.A Echo..

Far too long have I suffered to hear the degradation of one of the finest soldiers to grace the glorious empire! A man where honor and duty rules above all else. Unwavering in his sense of Empirical pride. And one hell of a pilot!

Do not allow your perception to deceive you. His grace in battle comes not of feminism, but from his cunning and swiftness in times of combat. This is no women, but a man amongst boys!

Thought to be dead, let it be known he is alive and will once again wade into battle.

His Echo will be felt for generations.. He is, Clone Trooper 21-0408.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-21-0408

A.K.A Echo..

Far too long have I suffered to hear the degradation of one of the finest soldiers to grace the glorious empire! A man where honor and duty rules above all else. Unwavering in his sense of Empirical pride. And one hell of a pilot!

Do not allow your perception to deceive you. His grace in battle comes not of feminism, but from his cunning and swiftness in times of combat. This is no women, but a man amongst boys!

Thought to be dead, let it be known he is alive and will once again wade into battle.

His Echo will be felt for generations.. He is, Clone Trooper 21-0408.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-21-0408

He wasn't a pilot though he was a ground pounder.

Yeah. Two different pilots. Same call sign. You can headcanon it as you want, but I don't see it. I mean, I keep headcanoning Whisper as a French Pyrochinetic, but you don't see me discussing how much better a Phantom pilot Fae would have been.

I would love to see evidence of this second echo..

What's that? You don't have any?

Until further proof is shown, then this is the echo we are flying. Get used to it and accept it.

Until further proof is shown, then this is the echo we are flying. Get used to it and accept it.

You can prove that echo had flight training then even though he was only seen fighting on the ground then?

Because it's totally unheard of for two people to have the same call sign isn't it.

Echo died.

Evidence dispersed.

In addition, given that Echo died somewhere beetween 22 and 19 BBY, and was about 10-14 years old then, and the fact clones have an expeted life exptency around 50 due to the accelerated aginr process He'd between 32 and 36 years old, placing him biologically in his 50s or 60s and degrading rapidly. Piloting experimental spacecraft is not a young mans game.

The Tie Phantom pilot using callsign "Echo" is definitely not Clone Trooper 21-0408, as that particular trooper, died in the Clone Wars cartoon's "The Citadel" story arc. Additionally the pilot is definitely not female as many on these boards would have you believe as in the Echo preview article, he is referred to as a "he", therefore he is male.

Echo is a male pilot, considering the company that created him, Fantasy Flight, refers to him as a male in its spoiler articles.

Since the phantom has fifteen maneuvers on its dial, this means that when it decloaks and then moves, it can end up in any one of forty-five different locations. Impressive as that may be, “Echo” doubles that number. Because he uses the bank “2” template instead of the straight “2” template, he can decloak to any of six different locations, enabling him to end his maneuver at any of a dizzying array of ninety final possible locations.

Echo is a male pilot, considering the company that created him, Fantasy Flight, refers to him as a male in its spoiler articles.

Since the phantom has fifteen maneuvers on its dial, this means that when it decloaks and then moves, it can end up in any one of forty-five different locations. Impressive as that may be, “Echo” doubles that number. Because he uses the bank “2” template instead of the straight “2” template, he can decloak to any of six different locations, enabling him to end his maneuver at any of a dizzying array of ninety final possible locations.

Don't bother arguing with Bubblepop over gender. She likes to call sexism on it for no good reason. She obviously gets something out of it.

Well, yeah its obviously sexist but please by all means continue to ignore that and pretend I'm being unreasonable.

Don't bother arguing with Bubblepop over gender. She likes to call sexism on it for no good reason. She obviously gets something out of it.

Echo and Fives were great but yeah. Oh look! There's even a screenshot of his body flopping around when he died in that shuttle blast.

Hm.... I think that the OP provide enough evidence about this clone trooper died and was not a pilot.... didn´t you?

Lol somebody hates girls.

That's cool if your head canon is that Echo is a clone trooper. It's getting reeeeeally weird that you so vehemently fight against girl pilots.

Hates girls? Don't turn this into another one of your feminist power trips. Women and men are both allowed to be proud of their gender.

FFG has stated themselves that echo is a male. Sorry but looks like echo isnt "your girl" after all.

Echo died.

Evidence dispersed.

In addition, given that Echo died somewhere beetween 22 and 19 BBY, and was about 10-14 years old then, and the fact clones have an expeted life exptency around 50 due to the accelerated aginr process He'd between 32 and 36 years old, placing him biologically in his 50s or 60s and degrading rapidly. Piloting experimental spacecraft is not a young mans game.

You were saying?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/dave-filoni-thanks-star-wars-the-clone-wars-fans

Echo will return in the rebels series.

Instead of claiming this is erroneous, perhaps you could come up with at least one mention of there being another echo in all of star wars. There is not one other example. Or is FFG just making things up now?

Post dispersed..

There seems to be a lot of doubt on these forums. That's fine, I'm up for a discussion. But when will someone actually provide even 1 mention of there being a second echo in the star wars universe? Or are we to believe FFG is creating their own pilots now?

Lol somebody hates girls.

That's cool if your head canon is that Echo is a clone trooper. It's getting reeeeeally weird that you so vehemently fight against girl pilots.

Hates girls? Don't turn this into another one of your feminist power trips. Women and men are both allowed to be proud of their gender.

FFG has stated themselves that echo is a male. Sorry but looks like echo isnt "your girl" after all.

Echo died.

Evidence dispersed.

You were saying?http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/dave-filoni-thanks-star-wars-the-clone-wars-fans

Echo will return in the rebels series.

Instead of claiming this is erroneous, perhaps you could come up with at least one mention of there being another echo in all of star wars. There is not one other example. Or is FFG just making things up now?

Post dispersed..

There seems to be a lot of doubt on these forums. That's fine, I'm up for a discussion. But when will someone actually provide even 1 mention of there being a second echo in the star wars universe? Or are we to believe FFG is creating their own pilots now?

FFG made up both Echo and Whisper for the Phantom because the only known named pilots for it are a pair of Rebels named Rue Merleen and Rookie 1(Yes, that's his name...) They just picked a couple of cool stealthy words. That's all. When this was made Rebels hadn't been revealed yet and nobody could have known Echo lived.

Plus the lifespan thing. He'll have aged 40 some years by then(double the rate of humans or so).

Edited by Aminar

Actually, the entirety of the Clone Wars CGI show never happened.   

As soon as Episode 3 has Obi-Wan and Greivous face-off for the "first" time, you instantly realize that the entire show was total bologna.  

lol people are so quick to hinder the imagination of non-canon characters. If Echo is a woman to some, then let her be a woman. If Echo is a man, then let him be a man. I really don't see how gender is an issue other than revealing to the public your own insecurities and stances on gender-related topics. Going to the utmost lengths of digging up any relative information to confirm a fictional, non-canon character's gender to prove another member wrong is a bit insane.

The real problem is that the Phantom has 4 attack and Echo is way too good at dodging firing arcs. Low pilot skill my ass!

Aminar,

Link please? No?

To what part? The aging thing? Or the bit about the Phantoms.http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/7261/what-were-the-natural-lifespans-of-kamino-and-spaarti-cloneshttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Phantom

As you can see, no mention of Echo on the Tie Phantom. It wasn't around very long.

Corran horn wasn't ever mentioned to fly a Ewing, yet guess what ship he fly's in this game?

You can honestly sit there with a straight face and suggest that there is another echo in the star wars universe or that FFG is now fabricating pilots to put into ships?

I would love proof of either way. Cause you are obviously talking as if this is all fact. I brought up clear evidence of not an character named echo in the star wars uni and that he isn't in fact dead.

You have yet to scrap up any relevant evidence what so ever. Just because pilot A wasn't mentioned to fly ship B doesnt mean anything in this game. Thus my Horn reference.

Actually, the entirety of the Clone Wars CGI show never happened.   

As soon as Episode 3 has Obi-Wan and Greivous face-off for the "first" time, you instantly realize that the entire show was total bologna.

That's funny cause I had the same feeling about all the prequels.. I'd take the clone wars bolgna over the prequel bologna any day. lol

Aminar,

Link please? No?

To what part? The aging thing? Or the bit about the Phantoms.http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/7261/what-were-the-natural-lifespans-of-kamino-and-spaarti-cloneshttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Phantom

As you can see, no mention of Echo on the Tie Phantom. It wasn't around very long.

Corran horn wasn't ever mentioned to fly a Ewing, yet guess what ship he fly's in this game?

You can honestly sit there with a straight face and suggest that there is another echo in the star wars universe or that FFG is now fabricating pilots to put into ships?

I would love proof of either way. Cause you are obviously talking as if this is all fact. I brought up clear evidence of not an character named echo in the star wars uni and that he isn't in fact dead.

You have yet to scrap up any relevant evidence what so ever. Just because pilot A wasn't mentioned to fly ship B doesnt mean anything in this game. Thus my Horn reference.

I'm as annoyed by Horn in an E-Wing as the next guy, but I've given you all the proof you should need to know that the Phantom Pilot is not intended to be Echo the clone. Can you seriously picture an elderly dying clone flying a Tie Phantom? Is that where you want Echo to end up? I'd rather he be living a happy life somewhere with a family.

Echo the Phantom pilot is FFG's creation. Every bit of reason for that has been presented to you.

Also, "The Rogues were expanded vastly, turned into a multi-fighter unit based around E-wings and B-wings, and based on Lusankya, which Antilles departed the squadron to command, leaving Celchu as Rogue Leader. This unit first saw combat conquering Phaeda.[30] Shortly after that campaign, the last leaders of the unified Empire were defeated, and the former galactic power dissolved into warlordism.[29] Horn stayed and weathered these changes, which were only temporary, as the squadron was back in X-wings and at regular strength within the year.[8]" Source Wookiepedia.