Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyNeighbourTrololo

So, when can we expect The Three Trials?

90 posts in this topic

a day may come.. when lotr lcg players are patient...

....but it is not this day..... :P

oh- forgot another one...

One does not simply make a balanced card pool

yeah...awful i know but im still having my coffee :D

Edited by richsabre
joezim007 likes this

a day may come.. when lotr lcg players are patient...

....but it is not this day..... :P

oh- forgot another one...

One does not simply make a balanced card pool

yeah...awful i know but im still having my coffee :D

you make a joke out of everything don't you.... :P  

richsabre likes this

WHEN ARE WE GETTING A DARN ARTICLE?

I take it as a sign that the next article will have some very, very BIG news, and we'll all forget this lull ever happened.

It's wishful thinking at least.

Given the hunger for news around these parts, it seems like they might be better off just doing quick bite size articles more frequently instead of longer ones every now and then. Maybe just pick one card to spoil and write a paragraph about it. It wouldn't be much, but it should be fairly quick to write up and would satisfy the hungry masses!

Edited by Raven1015
Catastrophic09 and joezim007 like this

the unfortunate fact is LoTR is not doing very well at FFG. The dev team has been massively downsized, the printing priorities are lower and FFG is putting all the effort into the new LCG Conquest and of course Netrunenr which is selling like maddness. Conquest is getting a update every few days and the printing is in full swing for the GenCon release.

I expect after GenCon LoTR will be able to get through the pipe easier.

the unfortunate fact is LoTR is not doing very well at FFG. The dev team has been massively downsized, the printing priorities are lower and FFG is putting all the effort into the new LCG Conquest and of course Netrunenr which is selling like maddness. Conquest is getting a update every few days and the printing is in full swing for the GenCon release.

I expect after GenCon LoTR will be able to get through the pipe easier.

and where is any of this information coming from? LOTR not doing very well? where's the proof?

they are developing Nightmare straight to POD. They are developing new quests for Fellowship events. We still have a bunch of Sagas to go, in addition to standard cycles.

The dev team has been downsized? Says who?

There are different design teams for all of the LCGs, and they don't cross-over. So, just because Conquest is new, it's not necessarily pulling any work away from LOTR (or any other game for that matter). It's the new LCG, so of course it gets more announcements, just as LOTR did when it was new.

DurinIII likes this

Buy looking at how it is marketed. All you need to do is go to the booth and see what games take up 5 bookcases and what games take up 1 shelf. Plus the check the print scheduled and see things get pushed back from one date to the next to allow others. Also lead and established designers are removed and new guys are promoted to lead designer to take over the show, stuff like that.

The game is not abandoned, not by a long shot. It will be going for a long time, but it is sorta a bit silly to expect a older and established IP to get the same attention as a brand new IP they are trying to launch when one of the biggest US gamecons is about to start. Look at CoC, that game has arguably a lower player count that LoTR but it is still going (though it has moved away from 6 pack cycles).

I expect after GenCon things will get back to normal.

Edited by booored
DurinIII likes this

Buy looking at how it is marketed. All you need to do is go to the booth and see what games take up 5 bookcases and what games take up 1 shelf. Plus the check the print scheduled and see things get pushed back from one date to the next to allow others.

The game is not abandoned, not by a long shot. It will be going for a long time, but it is sorta a bit silly to expect a older and established IP to get the same attention as a brand new IP they are trying to launch when one of the biggest US gamecons is about to start.

FFG pushes back everything - they are notorious for this.

Additionally, the CEO himself said last year at GenCon that this is one of the top selling LCGs for them. Can't argue with the CEO. Out of all the products he had to cover in the InFlight report, LOTR was one that he did. If they game wasn't a priority, or popular, it never would have made it into the presentation.

Anecdotally, my FLGS says this is their #2 seller - right behind Netrunner, and far ahead of Star Wars.

Edited by Dain Ironfoot
DurinIII likes this

Well, if that is true I find it pretty surprising.

I know in my store it has dropped to a mere trickle over the last year or so. (Though there has been a surge recently with the introduction of our custom rules on game days) As has the advertising packets that FFG send me. As for the dev thing, it is no secret.. just look at the designers. FFG like most companies like this have "star designers" and new commers and upcoming.. all the stars have been moved to other projects. FACT. That is to not say Caleb is not doing a fine job, in fact I think the latest sets are looking extremely good, but he got the job for a reason. Also as to the release thing.. no.. it is not the same for all games. Netrunner is release on the dot every time, as are many of the FFG products. If you do not believe this, just look at the release feed.

Still your right, this is a supposition from me. Still I find it hard to believe anyone who is impartial could possible think this game is just as popular now as it once was.

Edited by booored
DurinIII likes this

You'd all stop writing posts like this if you liked one of FFG's actually neglected brands.

My favorite FFG product of all is the Anima RPG which is published in Spanish by Edge entertainment and then published in English by FFG - typically a year or two later than the Spanish product. The re-written core rules (second edition) are still not available in English despite the fact that two of the expansion books that came out after them are (and they assume you're using second edition).

Year or Two. Delay. The books in Spain come out only once a year or less to begin with.

When they do come out they get One, maybe Two posts, total. (One to say it's coming and one to say it's gone :P)

Lord of the RIngs, getting 10+ products per year, plus multiple articles for each of those, is a lot more alive.

DurinIII likes this

You'd all stop writing posts like this if you liked one of FFG's actually neglected brands.

My favorite FFG product of all is the Anima RPG which is published in Spanish by Edge entertainment and then published in English by FFG - typically a year or two later than the Spanish product. The re-written core rules (second edition) are still not available in English despite the fact that two of the expansion books that came out after them are (and they assume you're using second edition).

Year or Two. Delay. The books in Spain come out only once a year or less to begin with.

When they do come out they get One, maybe Two posts, total. (One to say it's coming and one to say it's gone :P)

Lord of the RIngs, getting 10+ products per year, plus multiple articles for each of those, is a lot more alive.

Exactly, just because it is dropping in popularity doesn't mean FFG is dumping it, long life is assured. It just means that the printing priority is different which is why other games come out the very second they say they will and other games can be weeks late.

I find that feeling less bad about something just because there is something even worse in the world is just silly.

The fact that your anima comes so rare and didn't got the release of something changes nothing about LotR LCG.

I find that feeling less bad about something just because there is something even worse in the world is just silly.

The fact that your anima comes so rare and didn't got the release of something changes nothing about LotR LCG.

I find that crying about the release schedule of a vanity product is just silly.

I mean if you're taking that attitude that we shouldn't compare it to anything except it's own existence in a vacuum then why not just accept that FFG will get it out as soon as they can (which is the best business move).

If it can't be better complaining or even discussing it, won't make any difference. If it can be better FFG would be encouraged to make it better by sales (which this game has) not by threads like this.

Narsil0420 likes this