Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyNeighbourTrololo

So, when can we expect The Three Trials?

90 posts in this topic

anyone remember what the status of blood of gondor and dark riders at the time of gencon last year?

blood of gondor was a surprise release at gencon.

This is what i meant; a release like BR was last year, with the realease for the masses following months after.

Sorry i wasn't more clear, i had no time to post really.

I would not be surprised we'll get another surprise release on a AP too there.

I cant remember the exact status, but i believe that blood of gondor was at the printers last year during Gen Con. Thats why it was such a surprise to go there and see it available for purchase! I think we were all exoecting to see Black Riders there...they may have even announced that in advance.

Hmm... I wonder if there'll be any preview article or just a release one...

I would be surprised if we saw another article for the 3 trials (that wasn't just the release article). I would think we're long over due for a "the road darkens" preview however (not to derail the topic)

Wow 10 days away, after the wait for dunland trap this is awesome. Can't wait for full spoilers for three trials on the release date!! (Hopefully sooner =p) We know very few player cards for three trials so this is a bit more exciting. What silvan ally will we get!? Will we get another ent? Or perhaps another mount? We will soon see!!

Wow 10 days away, after the wait for dunland trap this is awesome. Can't wait for full spoilers for three trials on the release date!! (Hopefully sooner =p) We know very few player cards for three trials so this is a bit more exciting. What silvan ally will we get!? Will we get another ent? Or perhaps another mount? We will soon see!!

The spoiler article for The Antlered Crown specifically said that no ents would be released before Celebrimbor's Secret.

The spoiler article for The Antlered Crown specifically said that no ents would be released before Celebrimbor's Secret.

Your right I forgot about that. Thank you.

Well hopefully some great silvan and dunedain allies then =)

I secretly hope for some cool dunlandling ally.

A FFG created Dunlending or Southron "renegade" type hero who has renounced the cause of Sauron would be really great IMO. At least more interesting than these rather generic warrior girls we've been getting as of late.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I haven't really analyzed the numbering in each cycle, which pack do we expect Rumil to show up in? The spoiler looked like he's number fifty something.

I secretly hope for some cool dunlandling ally.

A FFG created Dunlending or Southron "renegade" type hero who has renounced the cause of Sauron would be really great IMO. At least more interesting than these rather generic warrior girls we've been getting as of late.

Well, my hopes are based not on empty feelings. On some spoiled flavor text of the cycle, Dunlandling shaman guides our heroes. So I hoped he could show up as an ally or even a hero. Or someone from his tribe to aid us, or something.

I haven't really analyzed the numbering in each cycle, which pack do we expect Rumil to show up in? The spoiler looked like he's number fifty something.

The hero in each set usually has the lowest player card number.  Gwaihir is listed as #59 in the spoiler for Trouble in Tharbad, so if Rumil is 5x than he should be in The Three Trials.  But since the encounter card numbers come after the player cards I don't think that Rumil can be numbered in the 50s.  And, of course, the card numbers have been wrong before. (Which is a long way of saying, "we don't know".)

From the spoiler article:

Finally, The Three Trials introduces a new Spirit hero, as well as three copies of each player card. Fans of Middle-earth’s Elves will be pleased to find two new Elven allies, one Noldor and one Silvan, as well as events and attachments that promote the cycle’s new Silvan subthemes. You’ll also find a handful of cards that further support the game’s Secrecy keyword and decks that can keep their Threat at twenty or lower.

Only 1 Silvan ally :(

As part of The Ring-maker cycle, The Three Trials doesn’t focus too heavily on any one player theme. While it lends greater strength to the Silvan mechanics that lead developer Caleb Grace outlined in his introduction to the cycle, the Adventure Pack also supports a wide range of player themes and mechanics that include the Noldor, Dúnedain, and Scout traits; increased interaction for multiplayer games; and the popular Secrecy mechanic that rewards players who can keep their Threat at or below twenty.

Not sure about Dunedain allies, but there will certainly be something for Dunedain. Also I really wonder what the card(s) for the Scout trait will do. We have several Scout allies, some of which aren't played often; giving a good attachment/event for them could bring them out of binders.

As for Rumil, I honestly can't read that number. I can guarantee it's not #50 because that number is given to Spirit of the Wild in the spoiler for The Tree Trials.:

While your Noiseless Movement won’t help you sneak past the scenario’s Guardians, it might still help you sneak past other enemies, like the Spirit of the Wild (The Three Trials, 50)...

He could potentially come out this pack. We know he's not coming out in Trouble in Tharbad because we already have a Tactics ally spoiled there (though the trend could change to allow 2 allies in the same sphere in one pack). He could also come out in The Nin-in-Eilph or Celebrimbor's Secret, though it certainly looks like he has a 2-digit number, so it is likely either The Three Trials or The Nin-in-Eilph.

PsychoRocka likes this

From the spoiler article:

Finally, The Three Trials introduces a new Spirit hero, as well as three copies of each player card. Fans of Middle-earth’s Elves will be pleased to find two new Elven allies, one Noldor and one Silvan, as well as events and attachments that promote the cycle’s new Silvan subthemes. You’ll also find a handful of cards that further support the game’s Secrecy keyword and decks that can keep their Threat at twenty or lower.

Only 1 Silvan ally :(

As part of The Ring-maker cycle, The Three Trials doesn’t focus too heavily on any one player theme. While it lends greater strength to the Silvan mechanics that lead developer Caleb Grace outlined in his introduction to the cycle, the Adventure Pack also supports a wide range of player themes and mechanics that include the Noldor, Dúnedain, and Scout traits; increased interaction for multiplayer games; and the popular Secrecy mechanic that rewards players who can keep their Threat at or below twenty.

Not sure about Dunedain allies, but there will certainly be something for Dunedain. Also I really wonder what the card(s) for the Scout trait will do. We have several Scout allies, some of which aren't played often; giving a good attachment/event for them could bring them out of binders.

As for Rumil, I honestly can't read that number. I can guarantee it's not #50 because that number is given to Spirit of the Wild in the spoiler for The Tree Trials.:

While your Noiseless Movement won’t help you sneak past the scenario’s Guardians, it might still help you sneak past other enemies, like the Spirit of the Wild (The Three Trials, 50)...

He could potentially come out this pack. We know he's not coming out in Trouble in Tharbad because we already have a Tactics ally spoiled there (though the trend could change to allow 2 allies in the same sphere in one pack). He could also come out in The Nin-in-Eilph or Celebrimbor's Secret, though it certainly looks like he has a 2-digit number, so it is likely either The Three Trials or The Nin-in-Eilph.

Ooooo one noldor ally as well!!! Forgot about that! Very exciting considering most of the older and more revered Elves (most of the powerful ones too!) are Noldor (Elrond, Gildor, Glorfindel, Elladan and Elrohir, Arwen, Erestor, Imladris Stargazer etc).

Ah nice the unique scout attachment is gonna be in this AP as well.

It's out so soon, can't wait to see the player cards!!!

Should be an article for The Road Darkens shortly, sure hope so at least

Edited by PsychoRocka

Nah it's cool, I'd rather start a thread with a whole handful of custom rules that are essentially just what I think the ruling should have been for cards/interactions I was wrong about, I'll make sure they're not well tested or even well worded too. Then I'll add a whole bunch of other random rules which pretty much change the entire game and the way it works. Oh also one of them breaks engagement and combat entirely as well as some rules that are directly in conflict with each other. All of which is technically cheating considering about half the rules will be different from what they actually are, but that's fine, I'll keep calling two handed play and those who use official rulings I disagree with cheaters. That'll be way more beneficial and less nasty for the community than just excitedly waiting for/guessing when the new set will come out!
Thanks bro!

Edited by PsychoRocka
ana4 and Pharmboys2013 like this

Not as useful as your hateful remarks, though ;)

hateful, funny... depends on who you ask.

Nah it's cool, I'd rather start a thread with a whole handful of custom rules that are essentially just what I think the ruling should have been for cards/interactions I was wrong about, I'll make sure they're not well tested or even well worded correctly too. Then I'll add a whole bunch of other random rules which pretty much change the entire game and the way it works. Oh also one of them breaks engagement and combat entirely as well as some rules that are directly in conflict with each other. All of which is technically cheating considering about half the rules will be different from what they actually are, but that's fine, I'll keep calling two handed play and those who use official rulings I disagree with cheaters. That'll be way more beneficial and less nasty for the community than just excitedly waiting for/guessing when the new set will come out!

Thanks bro!

The better rules do not contradict. Nothing breaks the mechanisms of the game. Yes they do change much of the game, but that is sorta the point. Basically all the new rules do is make it harder.