Sign in to follow this  
iggy42

How is the errata looking

I think the Jedi in hiding strain threshold might be wrong.

You might be right, considering his or her Willpower is so high, but NPCs do not follow the rules of character creation or derived stats. They have all the stats, talents, and skills they need to do what they are intended to do. So chances are good that the Strain Threshold is correct.

Edited by kaosoe

Back to the topic at hand!

On page 55, there is a serious typo. Right in the middle of the Duros's 'Life in the Alliance' paragraph, we get their characteristics. It cuts right in the middle of a sentence, and really gets on my nerves.

Anyone else gettin' this?

Back to the topic at hand!

On page 55, there is a serious typo. Right in the middle of the Duros's 'Life in the Alliance' paragraph, we get their characteristics. It cuts right in the middle of a sentence, and really gets on my nerves.

Anyone else gettin' this?

Yep. Looks like someone accidentally dragged the characteristics box to the middle of the above paragraph.

A minor thing, but one I just noticed while perusing the equipment:

Com Scrambler (page 194), has an added line that wasn't in the Beta. It mentions that the com scramblers are very portable and easy to conceal, yet the chart lists them as having an Encumbrance rating of 4, the same as a tool kit.

In the Beta, I assumed it was a big device that you'd hook up to a communications terminal, a spaceship, or a long-range comlink. But the new fluff suggests it should be smaller?

@Donovan

The Sentinel landing craft in the book lists in the description that it can carry up to 6 squads of stormtroopers and in the stat block lists only 20 passengers. There is a mistake there. Its not about contradicting other sources, its about CONTRADICTING ITSELF. Either the stat block is wrong, or the descriptive text is wrong, either way, something isn't right.

Unless you truly believe a squad of stormtroopers is 3 people.

Edited by Emperor Norton

@Donovan

The Sentinel landing craft in the book lists in the description that it can carry up to 6 squads of stormtroopers and in the stat block lists only 20 passengers. There is a mistake there. Its not about contradicting other sources, its about CONTRADICTING ITSELF. Either the stat block is wrong, or the descriptive text is wrong, either way, something isn't right.

Unless you truly believe a squad of stormtroopers is 3 people.

Fluff and rules aren't the same.

Dono's not saying its right or wrong, just that it gets annoying when people immediately scream that the game writers screwed up the moment they see something that doesn't match what some fanboy slapped on wookieepedia after reading the comic book he got with his admiral ackbar cereal.

And I'm saying that either

A. The Stat Block is wrong

B. The Description is wrong

C. A squadron of Stormtroopers is 3 people (ok, 3 1/3)

Considering we can all agree that C is absurd and not true, then there is a mistake in the book that needs fixing. Donovan can kindly knock off his repeatedly ridiculous defence of the writers every time someone points out something doesn't seem right (and in this case, something HAS to be wrong, there is no denying that either the stat block or the description is wrong)

He did the same crap when people complained about the Armor 5 X-WIng, and got frankly, quite insulting, much more insulting than anyone got saying it seemed wrong.

Read through the thread. See if anyone is "screaming about how it is wrong". A couple of people said it was clearly wrong. They weren't gnashing their teeth, they weren't angry, they were just saying that it was screwed up. Donoan is the one who comes into threads like these and stirs stuff up.

I will say this, in a universe where the exterior Millennium Falcon was smaller than the interior, I think we should all have an appreciation for hand-waving the obvious and make room for fun.

Whether the description is wrong or the stats are wrong, do what's best for your game. If you want it to fit 100 troopers, it does. if you want it to fit 3 humans, 2 droids, and a walking carpet, it does.

Considering we can all agree that C is absurd and not true, then there is a mistake in the book that needs fixing. Donovan can kindly knock off his repeatedly ridiculous defence of the writers every time someone points out something doesn't seem right (and in this case, something HAS to be wrong, there is no denying that either the stat block or the description is wrong)

He did the same crap when people complained about the Armor 5 X-WIng, and got frankly, quite insulting, much more insulting than anyone got saying it seemed wrong.

Read through the thread. See if anyone is "screaming about how it is wrong". A couple of people said it was clearly wrong. They weren't gnashing their teeth, they weren't angry, they were just saying that it was screwed up. Donoan is the one who comes into threads like these and stirs stuff up.

Seems like someone firing off a rules question would be a lot easier and more civil than this conversation.

Seems like someone firing off a rules question would be a lot easier and more civil than this conversation.

I did that early last week. I also asked what Difficulty increase the Ithorian Bellow gets when used in melee (or even if it's unusable in melee like a Gunnery weapon). I haven't heard anything yet.

Good grief. Just so people can stop going on about it: 

In my unofficial capacity, I hereby declare the printed stat block for the Sentinel to be an error. It is not an intentional error, but an accidental one, much like the wandering Duros stat block. I have some insight on why it happened, but I'm not going to share that with you as it is not my place to do so.

Use the stats in the Beta until you hear otherwise.

Move along.

The Beta lists the sentinel basic stats as the same in the core rulebook (ie silhouette, speed, handling, shielding, armor, ht/strain thresholds are all the same).

From the beta:

Hull Type/Class: Shuttle./Sentinel.
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems with Cygnus Spaceworks.
Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 1, Backup: Class 10.
Navicomputer: Yes.
Sensor Range: Close.
Ship's Complement: One pilot, one co-pilot, three gunners.
Encumbrance Capacity: 500.
Passenger Capacity: 54.
Consumables: One month.
Cost/Rarity: 240,000 credits ®/7.
Customization Hard Points: 0.
Weapons: Forward-mounted retractable medium laser cannon battery (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 3).
Retractable dorsal twin light ion cannon turret(Fire Arc All; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Close]; ion, Linked 1 ).
Retractable ventral heavy repeating blaster turret this weapon's entire profile uses personal scale, not
planetary scale (Fire Arc All; Damage 15; Critical Hit 2; Range [Long]; Auto-Fire, Pierce 2, Vicious 1)
Forward-mounted concussion missile launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short];
Blast 4, Breach 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 8, Linked 1, Slow-Firing 1 ).

IMO, I would say they changed the ship around to make it more similar to the Lambda then they suggested in the Beta version. It seems like the Sentinel would be a larger ship with a passenger capacity of 54.So they changed that to 20. They also took off the turret and the concussion missile launchers and gave it a couple hard points. They also made it less expensive, and a little easier to find mechanically. Im not sure about the squad numbers, which range from 3 to 9 on Wookiepedia ... 
Edited by billh

Yeah but why they felt the Sentinel should be so close to a Lambda is a big question. They've always filled different roles with one focused on passenger or light cargo transport and the other intended as a combat landing craft.

Yeah but why they felt the Sentinel should be so close to a Lambda is a big question.

I don't think the similarity between the stat blocks was intentional.

So far there's been no word, and if anybody has asked the FFG folks, there's been no answer.

Either stat version will work for most games, so it's ultimately just a matter of how hung up on "accuracy" to what Wookieepedia says that you get.  Some folks lose their minds if whatever Wookieepedia says isn't followed to exacting detail, other folks think Wookieepedia should just go away, but most are somewhere in between.

Good grief. Just so people can stop going on about it:

In my unofficial capacity, I hereby declare the printed stat block for the Sentinel to be an error. It is not an intentional error, but an accidental one, much like the wandering Duros stat block. I have some insight on why it happened, but I'm not going to share that with you as it is not my place to do so.

Use the stats in the Beta until you hear otherwise.

Move along.

Yep, there has been no word at all.

And I think that people have more issue with it not matching it's own description in the book than slavish adherence to Wookiepedia.

It's like you still haven't noticed that the stat block doesn't even match it's own description in the very same book the stat block is in.

Also again with the insinuations that anyone in this thread is freaking out. Not one person in this thread has been losing their minds

Edited by Emperor Norton

Yeah but why they felt the Sentinel should be so close to a Lambda is a big question.

I don't think the similarity between the stat blocks was intentional.

So far there's been no word, and if anybody has asked the FFG folks, there's been no answer.

Either stat version will work for most games, so it's ultimately just a matter of how hung up on "accuracy" to what Wookieepedia says that you get.  Some folks lose their minds if whatever Wookieepedia says isn't followed to exacting detail, other folks think Wookieepedia should just go away, but most are somewhere in between.

I don't mind FFG changing stats but I think they should do something to acknowledge the existence of the stat sheets from earlier sources in most cases. I don't think it would be hard really all they would need to do is add a letter to the end of the craft's model number to distinguish it from the models we saw in WEG or WOTC stats. Cases like the Neutron Star class are a little different because we always knew the WEG and WOTC stats were for a common modification of the design so presumably the FFG stats are the stock model we knew was out there but never saw stats for before.

Mind pointing to the post where I, or anyone else in this thread mentioned Wookieepedia in the context of why the statblock for the Sentinel was an error? Or have you even read the description text and associated statblock entry for yourself?

I ask, because you keep making statements (and assumptions) about this topic that are factually, objectively, and verifiably incorrect.

If you'd actually read my post, you might realize that I didn't call anybody out on any such thing.

I've seen plenty of instances that nothing to do with this forum or anybody on this forum of Star Wars "fans" flipping their lids because somebody deviated from the previously established EU lore, up to and including Lucas changing things by way of the prequels, invalidating a number of things that Timothy Zahn and even WEG had established for that era of time taking place before the original movies.  Things like the time gap between the creation of the Empire and ANH being less than 30 years, with Vader and Obi-Wan being far younger than initially perceived, or that Obi-Wan was trained by somebody other than Yoda.  Or that Anakin was a little kid prior to being found, and wasn't even discovered by Obi-Wan.

But if folks want to take umbrage at imagined insults, then don't let rational acts such as actually reading what a person posted instead of trying to find buried insults where there are none spoil your fun :rolleyes: