Sign in to follow this  
Scott McFarland

Un-red Core Books

I was actually pleasantly surprised to find my copy being a sort of darker red, almost brick red with gray text. I always thought the bright red was hideous looking. I much more prefer the warmer tones :-)

I was actually pleasantly surprised to find my copy being a sort of darker red, almost brick red with gray text. I always thought the bright red was hideous looking. I much more prefer the warmer tones :-)

Yes, the red on the A-wing in your avatar has always been 'Rebel red' to me.

I'm interested in just how much colour variation is going on, here. Let's see some pictures!

If Force & Destiny is fluorescent green or bright pink or day-glo orange, I'm going back to D&D :(

I've been speculating on what color F&D will be. I'm guessing purple, but blue, black, or green seem possible. Pink, yellow, or orange seem pretty unlikely...

Edited by Dr Lucky

If the core books are having consistency issues with the red now, I can only imagine how ugly a shelf of AoR books will look in a few years.

No one's posting pictures, though, so I suspect that this may be a case of people using different words to describe the same things. We don't have a baseline, so everyone's idea of how red or not-red their Age of Rebellion book is may be very subjective.

My AoR Corebook matches my GM Kit. I think that's the best way to determine if the colors are 'correct' right now.

And likewise it matches the beginners game material and the Beta book.  Now, there is a slight variation depending on glossy covers vs matte covers, but you can tell the underlying color is the same.

The red on my GM screen is quite a bit darker than the covers of my AoR CRB and GM kit book. The red on the books doesnt seem as bright as some are describing here...maybe its just relative...anyone have a red fire engine toy, or a red stapler they could photograph next to their book(s)?

Here is a photo of every item in the Age of Rebellion line that has been released so far, as well as a couple of other consistently red objects of varying shades for comparison.

IMG_2505.jpg

The Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook looks slightly washed out because of the glare from camera flash, so below is a photo that I took without the flash:

IMG_2506.jpg

There are some slight variations between glossy and matte covers, as Aahzmandius_Karrde has already pointed out, but the tone (to me, at least) looks fairly consistent. If someone else would like to put in the effort, I'd like to see what other people are coming up with as well. Hopefully with better lighting than what I was able to provide.

Here's a thought: go with the Old Spice method.

"Look at the CRB on FFG's posts. Now look at your CRB at home. Now look back at the CRB on the screen."

*Due to lighting on computers, results may vary*

Excellent conclusion :D  I don't have a copy yet, but the ones at my FLGS looked the bright red.

I can't believe this is an ongoing conversation.... :huh:

Love it, and I agree.  Does the color of your book affect gameplay in some way?