Sign in to follow this  
Hydraface

Are you Imperial or rebel...and why?

Hi all

Yep, this comes up every now anad again. But with a new wave having been unleashed, and with W5 on its way, plus the upcoming Rebel Aces incoming, it'd be interesting to see where people's allegiances lie. Have you stayed loyal to one cause, or do you tend to switch out when something new and shiney comes along?

For my part, I've made the switch to Imperials. I think the Firesprays are the coolest ship in the game; fun to fly, with a million layout options, you can have a ton of fun with them.

Also, the Phantom is too much wackiness to ignore; it really adds a lot of unpredictable silliness to the game, and is very rewarding when flown well.

I've also found Imperial Tactics to be a bit more varied; with rebels it's about pouring on that target-locked firepower, with the Imps, it can be more about out-manouvering your opponent and fighting with a shade more subtlety.

Finally, rebs have huge ships. Now, do you really want to be the guy flying them, or the guy pounding those space-whales with firepower 'til they erupt in flames?

So are you one of the bad-guys? Or do you fly for the Empire too?

Well, you can see from my sig that my fleets are pretty even - I think my rebels outnumber the imperials by 1 Z-95! ( not withstanding the huge ships).

I know it's frowned on a little, but I do like playing both sides but, if I had to choose, I would proudly serve the glorious Empire. As you noted it's more about movement and positioning rathe than TLs and firepower, plus I love Bombers with flèchettes and ion pulse missiles.

And I also agree that the Firespray is a little more fun than the Falcon as you have to put a bit more thought into flying it.

Hi all

Yep, this comes up every now anad again. But with a new wave having been unleashed, and with W5 on its way, plus the upcoming Rebel Aces incoming, it'd be interesting to see where people's allegiances lie. Have you stayed loyal to one cause, or do you tend to switch out when something new and shiney comes along?

For my part, I've made the switch to Imperials. I think the Firesprays are the coolest ship in the game; fun to fly, with a million layout options, you can have a ton of fun with them.

Also, the Phantom is too much wackiness to ignore; it really adds a lot of unpredictable silliness to the game, and is very rewarding when flown well.

I've also found Imperial Tactics to be a bit more varied; with rebels it's about pouring on that target-locked firepower, with the Imps, it can be more about out-manouvering your opponent and fighting with a shade more subtlety.

Finally, rebs have huge ships. Now, do you really want to be the guy flying them, or the guy pounding those space-whales with firepower 'til they erupt in flames?

So are you one of the bad-guys? Or do you fly for the Empire too?

I side with the Empire. The hippie progressives also known as the rebellion need to be exterminated . Too much diversity and open thinking.

BOTH! It depends upon a lot of variables for me! My son stole my Imperials at the beginning of league, so I had to play Rebels. But he is switching over to Rebels with this new wave, so I'm probably heading back to Imperials. LOL!