Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Budmilka_fr

[Timing] Emil Von Carstein VS BloodHorn

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have a question about these 2 Star Players (and haven't seen any questions before in this forum) :

BloodHorn : "Scoreboard Phase : If the ball is at midfield, this player becomes the ball carrier."

Emil Von Carstein: "Scoreboard Phase : If the ball is at midfield after the "Reveal Cheating Tokens" step, this player becomes the ball carrier."

We enter the Scoreboard Phase, so I guess both triggers at the same time (step 1b), but I don't see why they had to add "after the Reveal Cheating Tokens" to Emil. Let's say the wording is the same; how do I decide which one becomes the ball carrier ? First player's choice ?

Thank you.

I think Emil has that text so that he immediately grabs the ball if the current ballcarrier is ejected from a cheating token, before moving to 1B, effectively Emil resolves his ability at the end of 1A.

LinkavichChumofsky likes this

That's what I thought too, but litteraly speaking, any "Scoreboard Phase" ability has to be triggered in the 1b step, else it would have been a passive effect (same text without the bold Scoreboard Phase).

If the ball carrier is ejected, BloodHorn can still take the ball IMO.