Osoroshii

Earning Your Wings! A Guide For Understanding Movment.

223 posts in this topic

I was contacted from the user michigun who wanted to make a PDF version of the guide and I gave him permission to use it. I'm not sure if anything came from that or not.

Osoroshii,

thanks a million for the guide. It's amazing. Also, please, contact FFG and ask them for the thread to be pinned, it's vital for all those who come late to the party!

Edited by Julia

Just wondering on the chapter of K-turns and S-loops now that Wave 6 is out and the models are available. Also Big ships can K-turn and S-loop so that should make a good chapter.

Just to give everyone a heads up. I'm not abandoning this movement guide, however I have a very large personal project I'm currently working on. This project demands my free time and I have to choose to let the guide sit on the sideline for now. I have every intention on picking this up once I complete my project. AT this time I have no idea when my project will be complete, Im hopeful to be back here for an update in May. The S-Loop and K-Turn are very important maneuvers and I want to give them the proper attention they deserve. I thank everyone for the kind words on this guide and hope it still serves to improve the play from veteran and rookies alike. 

I just refreshed myself on this thread after realizing I'm terrible at judging banks, and also shared it with another new player who was looking to get better at movement.

Osoroshii likes this

Any chance of having all this thread on a pdf?

I did this for myself, however I haven't got Osoroshii's permission to share it. I've taken the liberty to correct a few grammatical and spelling errors.

https://mega.co.nz/#!l490zKBS!QuzcUZvJOJHv4y8dYRvdmCAXbO2CmoA5slzaGfDsaoc

Osoroshii, if you don't like my version let me know and I'll take it down.

Osoroshii and vtarin like this

I did this for myself, however I haven't got Osoroshii's permission to share it. I've taken the liberty to correct a few grammatical and spelling errors.

Awesome man! Many thanks!!

aesbech, This project was always to help the other x-wingers in the community become better pilots. Of course you may share it in your PDF form.

The work of Osoroshii and others like MajorJuggler is amazingly helpful for relatively new players like myself. Is anyone interested in broadening the scope of the PDF to cover this Maneuver Guide, a few of the other strategy guides, and MJ's Quick Start List Guide? I'm thinking here of a chapter format for printing and sharing with new players. I'm willing to help with editing and spelling but am not overly talented with PDF manipulation.

Marinealver and Osoroshii like this

totally agree! 

The negativity has gone crazy lately on these forums :( I'd like to fill the front page with positive, community building post.

Totally agree  :o

Pssh.  This doesn't even have any info about T-Rolls.

Useless!

I think the plan is to have the next chapter on K-turns S-loops and T-rolls. With the S-loop being out for less than a year and the T-roll just coming out that chapter keeps getting pushed back to include all reversible maneuvers.

This literally made me a better player overnight. I mean, not a good player or anything, but better. :D

It made SUCH a difference to my ability to judge movement. Thanks so much for putting it together.

mearn4d10 likes this

Pssh.  This doesn't even have any info about T-Rolls.

Useless!

I think the plan is to have the next chapter on K-turns S-loops and T-rolls. With the S-loop being out for less than a year and the T-roll just coming out that chapter keeps getting pushed back to include all reversible maneuvers.

I love you Marinealver, but that is not the reason the delay has happened. Last Oct I had an idea to create something sorely need in the gaming hobby. We all get bitten by this bug when we start playing hobby games like Star Wars X-Wing or any other hobby game, like Five Tribes (which is excellent, by the way). We often find our selves needing more people to play with to get in as many games as we can. If you even ask most hobby gamers what is the most common problem they face with the industry, the answer you get is time and people. We often have the time but no people or people and no time. I set out to find a solution to fix that.

I started my own company that Oct and began learning how to come the web. Along with some help I formed a company called Social Meeples LLC. We are nearing completion on my goal of making it easy to play board games when you want and where you want. Once I get the project into production, I will make an announcement here on these forums as well as any where I can get heard.