Sign in to follow this  
Osoroshii

To paint the pegs, or not to paint!

I'm on the fence on whether to paint my pegs black or leave them clear. I have black silicon filled bases for weight and magnets. You can see by the pic the paint covers the silver ball barring. What would you do?

5fd8ec3aa823d5b23ccd000b9706d095_zpsbd90

Here is a pic showing the tilt.

c1a365e57229a18d7467c7afdcc7dd95_zps472a

Edited by Osoroshii

I like painted bases and pegs. I've seen them painted in black, and painted in bright yellow -- and both approaches work fine.

The bright yellow bases actually looked great in a mirror match, and made it very easy to figure out whose ships were whose.

Black, w/ white star speckles. I find the un painted silver ball to be distracting.

Looks great otherwise. What did you use, little magnets? Where did you get the cupshaped piece glued too the ship?

It all depends on what game mat you regularly play on.

If the mat you play on mostly is the one in the photos, then I recommend leaving them clear. The way I see it is that you would paint the pegs in order for them to be less noticeable, but that would only be the case on a black mat so they would fade into the background.

On this mat it just makes them MORE noticeable when they're black because of all the bright colors.

I play on black felt at tournaments mostly. The mat in the other pictures is actually the mat I use the least because the dimensions are off sadly :( , but it was free so it's hard to complain. Here is my frozen planet mat from Galeforce 9:

584985cbc11df0a328f801ee9fafc1b8_zpse92d

Edited by Osoroshii